• 2(current)
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns
Is there anything I should be particularily aware of with the playback of files in DXVA2, or any standard for encoding. Or is it just a case that with this being a work in progress, playback of those files will be rectified in due course.

I had a quick look at some of the files (in mediainfo) where playback was an issue and couldn't notice a common factor. Should I really be concerned or will this settle down in due course?
Been waiting for something like this forever. Thanks everyone involved.
great news for all windows users! congrats on the progress, to bad for me since i switched to linux 12 month ago for exactly this (but i won't regret it, since i learned a shitload Smile)
Hey guys! I've been waiting for Dxva for a longgggg time. . .
Here's my personal experience with svn 27394 .

Dxva is totally working for all content .
Refresh rate was initially not working , but after i've activated the
option use a fullscreen window rather than fullscreen , it has perfectly
worked for everything !!

Subs are working

Hdmi ac3 and dts passthrough , with my ati hd 4550 is not working.
Specifically ac3 movies output stereo sound and movies with dts
sound do not output sound at all.

Audio output is working when i set my device to analog in system - audio settings .

For all of you that ypu experience green artifacts in some of your files
and in quicktime trailers , you should all be aware of that this most
probably has nothing to do with xbmc itself . I bet that all of you that
having this problem , do own ati gpu's like me. Is well known that ati has
driver related dxva limitations. More specifically ati's drivers can't cope
with h.264 contect of any kind , if the reference frames in this content
is anything higher than standard bluray specs.

And nowdays there are a lot of files through the web that are encoded
beyond the standard bluray specs . All these files including full hd apple's trailers
will not play with ati cards. Well there going to play , but with dxva
off.

Apparently nvidia's cards seem to have no limitation such the above , in
their drivers. If you search the web you'll find a lot of information about the
above.

From what i've read , there is currently no intention from ati's side to
remove the limitation.

Nvidia on the other hand is even advertising the fact that it's cards can
do dxva in everything !

That's all guys. Keep up the good work .
Is there something I have to do before building? I get alot of dvxa errors and it will not build.
OK, I'm a noob, and I just clicked a Google search on DXVA... Do I understand correctly that now XBMC will run a player that supports DirectX Video Acceleration - which means ... (let me get this right) ... that supported video cards will take over the video acceleration from the CPU? And because this is being implemented into XBMC, the remote controls and everything will run fully integrated?

(C/D?)

Ok - so... WHERE DO I GET THIS WONDERFUL NEW ... THING?!
mindweaver Wrote:Is there something I have to do before building? I get alot of dvxa errors and it will not build.

Why not just pick up the complete build from here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

DurhamDev get the build from the link above.
steelman1991 Wrote:DurhamDev get the build from the link above.

Mui bueno! Muchos gracias! Merci beaucoup! Thanks much!

(Another question - I just reread the thread - Is Windows 7 a prerequisite? If running XP, will the above link totally fubar my XBMC?)
I don't think XP is supported in this build, as it is based on DXVA2,, xp will only comply with DXVA1 - see post no 14. Win7 and Vista compatible.
How is the picture quality guys?

I LOVED the PQ of dvdplayer , has it changed with the implementation of DXVA? Nothing washed out etcHuh SmileSmile

Reason I ask is because Tibens build w/dsplayer , the PQ was washed out, and just bland overall. DVDplayer has always been a perfect source. Hope it stays that way because my CPU usage has always been 50% max on any 1080P MKV, so i never needed DXVA on my beefy system!
Not that I have noticed.
Thumbs Up 
AzzX Wrote:Excellent work. Now I have the ultimate HTPC thanks to XBMC and the Boxee team.

+1
^^ don't forget the vlc guys that sent the patches to ffmpeg, as well as the ffmpeg guys for adding those patches Wink
mason Wrote:great news for all windows users! congrats on the progress, to bad for me since i switched to linux 12 month ago for exactly this (but i won't regret it, since i learned a shitload Smile)

Yeah, that's the problem Nod

You have to learn a crapload just to watch a friggin' movie. I'm still trying to get my the IR reciever in ASROCK 330 HT communicate under Linux. I love learning but damn......

I gladly welcome and appreciate this early development!
I'm running Windows 7 with a 8800gt GPU - I'm getting a green bottom half of the screen on some movies. Is there something I need to do or is it just a case of work in progress?

All I have done is switched the render mode to DVXA in the video config.

Just testing it, my 8800gt doesn't need it but my Asrock 330 will love it!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns2