Help me and earn a cookie
Ok, i lied about the cookie.. Help me anyway? Smile

Long time XBMC user on my xbox, have now made the jump and purchased an Acer Revo R3600.

I've got the guide on how to install XBMC Live on it, so i'm sorted there.

I have a couple of questions though if some knowledgeable, attractive and charming individual wants to wade in and answer them.

- Just install the 9.11 version from the xbmc site? I don't need any modified build or anything..

- I'm going to be installed Aeon Stark - i don't need a special build of XBMC Live for that do i?

- Once XBMC Live is installed, how does installing skins work.. Obviously i used to just FTP into my xbox and copy / paste into the skins folder on the E drive.. Does XBMC provide a similar thing?

- I don't need a custom version of Aeon Stark (Such as Aeon65 etc)? It should run fine i guess?
9.11 is good.

Aeon might not work, some of the mods would perhaps do so.

SFTP or samba for installing skins.
blittan Wrote:9.11 is good.

Aeon might not work, some of the mods would perhaps do so.

SFTP or samba for installing skins.

Cheers for the replies.

Do you know why Aeon might not work on 9.11? Is there incompatibility as there is with the xbox version where you need a nightly build? Or do you mean that performance wise there could be significant issues.

You’ll have to excuse my stupidity here... SFTP is... (Just another form of FTP i guess?).. Work similar in the sense i use an application like CuteFTP, then connect with an IP / Username / Password?
thedalmeny Wrote:Cheers for the replies.

You’ll have to excuse my stupidity here... SFTP is... (Just another form of FTP i guess?).. Work similar in the sense i use an application like CuteFTP, then connect with an IP / Username / Password?

That's right. SFTP is the secure version of the FTP protocol...the only FTP client I've found to successfully connect to my Revo (running LIVE 9.11) via SFTP is FileZilla. I previously used FlashFXP but I just couldn't get it to work using SFTP.
I'm using winscp when copying from Windows and it works fine:

http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me and earn a cookie0