[LINUX]Can't access files on 2nd drive
Use XBMC on my old XBox and thought I use it to create a HTPC on a Linux (Ubuntu) system so I can play HD. I installed a second 1TB HDD to use as a media tank that I formatted to NTFS. All is well except I cannot get XBMC to see the second drive. Its mounted and I can access it no worries, but when I go into Videos,> add source, > i'm given the home folder and my network as options, neither of which have the second drive on them. (my windows network can see the second drive but it doesn't appear as an option in XBMC. I created a symbolic link in my Videos folder to the new HDD which worked fantastically until I restarted the machine and I couldn't access the symbolic link until I logged into the 2nd drive and authenticated (asked for password).

This is a problem as I want the machine to boot to XBMC and having to reconnect a keyboard and login to the mounted drive will be a major issue. Any way to keep access to the mounted drive open or another way of XBMC seeing the mounted drive?

Many thanks,

The Bagwan
When adding the source type in the absolute path for the mounted drive.
Thanks Prae. As I couldn't browse to it, didn't even think of typing it in. Doh.

Your the man man.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX]Can't access files on 2nd drive0