XBMC .iso onto USB drive
Hi all,

ive been searching for some help for booting Live from USB drive. The threads i have read threads that suggest burning the live cd .iso file onto the usb drive, which i have done.

It boots fine but when i select any of the options it says starting... followed by please wait, then i just get a flashing cursor line??

I want to install Live onto the internal drive...!?

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

All the best
Darryl
^^^
Have managed to get safe mode running to the degree it says /dev/scd0 does not contain a rootfs Huh
Darryl Wrote:The threads i have read threads that suggest burning the live cd .iso file onto the usb drive, which i have done.

please specify what exactly you have done
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hi there, tasks so far:
downloaded Live
burnt the iso to a usb disk
set a pc to boot from it
select safe mode from menu
...says /dev/scd0 does not contain a rootfs

Hope thats ok?! Its an intel onboard gpu but i just want it for streaming vid to rest of network.

Big thanks
Darryl
Darryl Wrote:Its an intel onboard gpu but i just want it for streaming vid to rest of network.

don't think it will work like this
mmm - whats the best way to store/stream media around domestic nw?
well best is all relative.

in my opinion, the best way is to have a centralized nas server with all of your video/audio files organized on it, then have your various clients connect to it via smb/cifs/etc and stream directly from the nas network shares.

in my experience, trying to use UPNP client/server is an exercise in futility.
Darryl Wrote:burnt the iso to a usb disk

just out of curiosity: please show me the thread here that tells you to do this

btw XBMC might not be right for what you're intending to do
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
TeknoJnky Wrote:well best is all relative.

in my opinion, the best way is to have a centralized nas server with all of your video/audio files organized on it, then have your various clients connect to it via smb/cifs/etc and stream directly from the nas network shares.

in my experience, trying to use UPNP client/server is an exercise in futility.

Big thanks TJ!

As for the burning of the iso i think it was on lifehacker... it appeared to work other than this file it was looking for?

Think ill be deploying a nas now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC .iso onto USB drive0