[INSTRUCTIONS] (Request!) Main Menu Items
Ok, so I implemented a quick 'tag' of my own for the title of this thread, and I hope there might be someone who could point me in the right direction. (Short of linking me to the "XBMC Skinning Guide", which I do have here... ...somewhere.)

Wink

My question is this - and if Hitcher jumps in here, great. If not, no problem. He's a busy guy. (Just one look at Alaska and you'll know that.)

Could someone provide me with the steps required to add a new item to the Main Menu.

Shocked

(Yeah. I just thought about it myself, and figured that with all the funky custom views Hitcher's put in here - Home Menu 1, 2 AND 3 - that there is the possibility that this is a logistical nightmare. However, that being said, my ask is simple, and - worst case scenario - could be a [MOD] for the right person.)

I would like the Apple Movie Trailers on my Main Screen, just before "Movies".

I realize that I can navigate through the Video Menu to get to it, and I do have it added as a "Favourite". I know that Aeon has the ability to put "Favourited" items onto the Main Menu, and (I'm assuming) that it might be a 'future add' for Alaska (Hitcher, C/D?) but it might not, as this skin is supposed to be the "Anti-Aeon" skin. (The skin is awesome, it's simple and functional. If it's not a future consideration, I get why.)

I know it's possible to do as a Mod, and if someone can do that, great. If someone can walk me through the code required, even better - I'm actually excited to try a bit of work on my own. It's the only 'option' that I really miss from Aeon...

I know you guys have the talent - can you help me out?
Are you talking Home 1, 2, 3...

1-pretty darn tough, lots are code, lots of conditional positioning
2-would probably be easy
3-I didn't even bother looking at 3, but I think that one would be easy also

Putting something at the end of settings in Home 1 is pretty easy, in the middle though seems like a lot more work...

Do you have any views on Home 1 checked off?
mcborzu Wrote:Are you talking Home 1, 2, 3...

1-pretty darn tough, lots are code, lots of conditional positioning
2-would probably be easy
3-I didn't even bother looking at 3, but I think that one would be easy also

Do you have any views on Home 1 checked off?

I use Home View 2, so you're right - there's no "submenu options" to deal with or worry about. I was playing about in the "Includes.xml" file, and was able to create a "Trailers" link (which didn't work - it only created a duplicate of the "Movies" tab) but I was stuck beyond that. I'm sure there's more to it than my 5 minutes of tinkering.

Wink

Here's the code to use- the bolded part I put in between music and movies:
Quote:<item id="2">
<description>Music</description>
<label>2</label>
<icon>homeicons/musicicon.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomusic)</visible>
</item>
<item id="12">
<description>Trailers</description>
<label>Trailers</label>
<icon>homeicons/playdiscicon.png</icon>
<onclick>xxxxxxx</onclick>
</item>

<item id="3">
<description>Movies</description>
<label>342</label>
<icon>homeicons/moviesicon.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomovies)</visible>
</item>

Where I have "xxxxxx" is where to put the path to Apple trailers. Best way is to add AMT as a favorite, open up favorites.xml then copy the path provided to where I have "xxxxxx".
mcborzu Wrote:Here's the code to use- the bolded part I put in between music and movies:

Dude, I think I just had a nerdgasm. Thank you so much!

Edit: For those who ALSO want to do this - here's an idea. I just used added a subdirectory to my "Favourites" for Comic Books... and modified the code using the same information as above. (Copy/paste the info from inside "Favourites.xml"... ...the bolded part is what I copied and pasted.

Quote:<item id="13">
<description>Comics</description>
<label>Comics</label>
<icon>homeicons/comicsicon.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10002,C:\Data\My Media\My Pictures\Wallpaper\Comics\)</onclick>
</item>

And another note - you can use ANY custom Icon you want there... I'm now going to look for a couple of cool ones for Apple Trailers and the Comics.

McBorzu, thank you again! This is AWESOME.
Thank you for this, love having iPlayer and Trailers icons on the Home Page Smile
mcborzu Wrote:Image

Here's the code to use- the bolded part I put in between music and movies:

Where I have "xxxxxx" is where to put the path to Apple trailers. Best way is to add AMT as a favorite, open up favorites.xml then copy the path provided to where I have "xxxxxx".

hello, so is this also a way to add Favourites to my Main screen ? I also use home 2 ...

any help will be ...Wow amazing .
Darkcloud28 Wrote:hello, so is this also a way to add Favourites to my Main screen ? I also use home 2 ...

any help will be ...Wow amazing .

Yes, just follow the example and you can put anything you want for Home style 2

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Yes, just follow the example and you can put anything you want for Home style 2

Thank You Smile!!
will try tonight
ps.

i need to modify the Dialog Favourites XML dokument ....right ?

i never did this before , i only played with colors so far.
Darkcloud28 Wrote:Thank You Smile!!
will try tonight
ps.

i need to modify the Dialog Favourites XML dokument ....right ?

i never did this before , i only played with colors so far.

oooo, i need to modify the IncludesXml file ? and that it ?
Actually can't think of a way you would add Favorites as a Favorite. Though for anything else, adding whatever you want as a favorite is the easiest way.

Anyways, put bolded part anywhere you want I put it in around line 424 so it shows up between Music and Movies:

Quote:<item id="2">
<description>Music</description>
<label>2</label>
<icon>homeicons/musicicon.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomusic)</visible>
</item>
<item id="12">
<description>Favorites</description>
<label>Favorites</label>
<icon>homeicons/xxxxxx.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</onclick>
</item>

<item id="3">
<description>Movies</description>
<label>342</label>
<icon>homeicons/moviesicon.png</icon>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,movietitles )</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomovies)</visible>
</item>

Now where I have - <icon>homeicons/xxxxxx.png</icon> put the image you want to correspond to favorites in the homeicons folder which is located in Alaska/media/homeicons. So in the end the line should be <icon>homeicons/favorites.png</icon> or whatever you name it.

mcborzu Wrote:Actually can't think of a way you would add Favorites as a Favorite. Though for anything else, adding whatever you want as a favorite is the easiest way.

Anyways, put bolded part anywhere you want I put it in around line 424 so it shows up between Music and Movies:

Now where I have - <icon>homeicons/xxxxxx.png</icon> put the image you want to correspond to favorites in the homeicons folder which is located in Alaska/media/homeicons. So in the end the line should be <icon>homeicons/favorites.png</icon> or whatever you name it.

HAA , Man i feel like I need to buy You drink Smile!!!! anytime ! when You in NY , and fell like to go for it , im buying Smile!

thank You .
im a series movie junkie , have 874(13TB) movies in HD and 71 tv shows(3.5TB) , mostly blu-ray rips , its so hard to search or keep looking for the one i like to se ...for a 10 th time , but now its a in my Favorites !

so also i can make icon and add in the same way my recently added movies ?
Yes add it as a favorite.

Open up favorties.xml - Located on W7 in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

You'll see something like:
Quote:<favourite name="Recently added movies">ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://4/)</favourite>

Copy bolded part to this line in the example I gave you:
Quote:<onclick>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</onclick>

And increase he id, <item id="12"> by one for every item you add. So next one obviously would be <item id="13">

THANK YOU one more time !
i did it Smile!! thank You , its hard to add 2 thinks in one ? i add movies from 2009 and 2010 to Favorites and now im i will love to add them as icon on home screen 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[INSTRUCTIONS] (Request!) Main Menu Items0