[INSTRUCTIONS] (Request!) Main Menu Items
To bring back an old thread... I'm trying to add Radio One (A radio stream I've added as a favorite) to my Home Screen 2.

I've followed the instructions here, and edited Includes.xml, but nothing changes in Alaska... Do I need to edit another file other than Includes.xml (located in 720p folder)

Thanks
Looking back at those instructions, they are the standard/generic instructions that work for all skins. My guess is maybe you had an spelling error or maybe you edited the code for Home 1 or 3...I'll take a peek and give you what line you need to change.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks, they worked for confluence as I added BBC iPlayer, but not for Alaska.

I tried it a few times, on home 1 and includes.xml but nothing appeared.

Thanks for the help, when I get XBMC working again I'll try again.
This looks rather promising. I tried to figure it out, but can't quite work out a solution for the default home screen. I'm not into the icons.

Includes_HomeDefault.xml is more extensive.

Did anybody succeed in adding an extra button on the homescreen?

thnx in advance!
Thank you very much!
I managed to get the movie trailers and YouTube to the homescreen.

But if I enter either one and want to go back to the homescreen e.g. with backspace I end up in a menu instead on home. It works from within movies or TV shows... anyone got a hint how I can get back to the home screen from the newly added menu items?

EDIT: Works fine with ESC, but I kinda wanted it to work with backspace because I mapped that button on my Logitech Harmony One.
Wuschelhead Wrote:Thank you very much!
I managed to get the movie trailers and YouTube to the homescreen.

But if I enter either one and want to go back to the homescreen e.g. with backspace I end up in a menu instead on home. It works from within movies or TV shows... anyone got a hint how I can get back to the home screen from the newly added menu items?

EDIT: Works fine with ESC, but I kinda wanted it to work with backspace because I mapped that button on my Logitech Harmony One.

<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic,return)</onclick>

Adding a ,return to the end will return to home

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thank you so much, that helped!

One last thing and I'll be perfectly happy:
Is there a way to get rid of the overlapping text in the upper left corner?
This is when I enter the Trailers Menu from the Homescreen...

This only happens when I enter the movie trailers, when I go to youtube from the home screen the text in the upper left corner is fine and says 'Video Add-Ons'.
That's fixed for Revisited but not in the Unicode Mod version yet.
Is it possible to do this for the default home layout?

Quite simply I would like to add a button that links directly to my iPlayer plugin.

Thanks kindly in advance.
jonnyapps Wrote:Is it possible to do this for the default home layout?

Quite simply I would like to add a button that links directly to my iPlayer plugin.

Thanks kindly in advance.

I have moved on from the above request and am very happy with what I've achieved with methods already listed in this thread.

I have one tiny question:

Is it possible to to add into an <onclick> event a command to act as if I had then pressed the right arrow?

Forgive my lamen's terms. What I am trying to resolve is that when I click through to my list of ROMS/movies/tvshows etc. the 'back' button is automatically selected. I would love it if upon going through it immediately highlighted the first ROM/movie/show. This is for aesthetic reasons of displaying an image/info immediately.

Thanks again.
hey!
just added an extra menu item for "favorites". can anybody tell me, how i can set multiple images for the item?

for movies,tvshows,etc is an extra menu in the settings/alaska, but not for my new created item.
Hi Everybody

Trying to add a few custom items to default main menu but I really can't figure out what to do. It looks like jonnyapps achived this, would you please give an example of what you did to make this happen? Huh

/Daninino
Can somebody tell me where I have to add code for new items in the default view?
It looks so complicated and I don't want to screw up the skin.

I want to add a "Live-TV" button that opens

Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?Live-TV,return)
Nobody? Somebody? Anybody?
If you want to simply add it as a submenu button just follow the video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIXUegGbURY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[INSTRUCTIONS] (Request!) Main Menu Items0