UPnP scraper issue with Synology NAS?
Hi,
I need help from XBMC users as I'm unable to find a solution to my problem for weeks now.
Thanks in advance.
My movies are located on a Synology NAS and can access them when adding a source ("add source" under videos) via upnp. I can watch them. The share is "\\Synology\videos" and the source I added is "\\Synology\videos\movies".
The problem is that when I try to create the library using any scrapper (I tested a few), it doesn't work. No error messages. It starts and after 10 seconds closes and I've got nothing on the library.

I can retrieve weather information and access internet.

Does someone have an idea?

Thanks a lot.
Good day.

Jo
You cant use upnp for library mode - use smb instead.
I'm abit confused you say upnp, but then you post \\hostname\share style urls (ie windows filesharing/samba).

Plus that format is not supported in xbmc. Should be smb://hostname/share/folder
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

using 17-01-2010 T3ch.
I have Synology NAS and everything works like a clock. Use SMB shares.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your help. Yes, it works via SMB.
I wanted to use Upnp as it is faster than SMB. I hope it will work in the future.
It works in Upnp to stream video so it should possible to make the library work.
Good day.
SMB should be faster than upnp, if its not then you need to post more info.

upnp sources can't be added to the library as the urls for them are not static, and can and do change often.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP scraper issue with Synology NAS?0