[AppleTV] No downloads in launcher after fresh restore of ATV
Because I was not able to update to new night SVN I performed factory restore of ATV. I did Upgrade from 2.4 to 3.0.1 and then apply patchstick.
Patchstick was successful however I do not see any downloads in launcher download menu.
Any guess why and how to fix it?

When is factory restore performed is it really clean new install or can be something left on HDD from old launcher/xbmc instalation?

I do not see any logs.
hey schimanski,

schimanski Wrote:Because I was not able to update to new night SVN I performed factory restore of ATV. I did Upgrade from 2.4 to 3.0.1 and then apply patchstick.
Patchstick was successful however I do not see any downloads in launcher download menu.
Any guess why and how to fix it?

does it have internet access?

schimanski Wrote:When is factory restore performed is it really clean new install or can be something left on HDD from old launcher/xbmc instalation?

I do not see any logs.

where did you check?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yes, full internet access to local network as well to the internet. Streaming from Apple trailers are working. Test of Network in settings successful.

I do use Filezilla to access ATV.
Logs checked from "How-to".
Where is my debug log?
This depends on your platform.

APPLETV:
xbmc.log: /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Console log: /Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
Crashreporter log: /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log
schimanski Wrote:APPLETV:
xbmc.log: /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Console log: /Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
Crashreporter log: /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log

right, no logs there?
I'm mostly interested in console.log. Just seen it yesterday, that for some unknown reason "/Library/Logs/Console/501/" does not exists. I'd just try to create it and restart the AppleTV. Hopefully it'll start logging afterwards.

What Launcher version are you using? (Launcher -> About)

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
Exactly no Console directory. I will do so at 6PM CET time and post the results here.

Just to be sure, after factory restore ATV is clean of any tweaks so issue could be just in patchstick creation, patchstick installation or launcher itself, right?

Launcher from patchstick is 3.2.1
schimanski Wrote:[...]
Just to be sure, after factory restore ATV is clean of any tweaks so issue could be just in patchstick creation, patchstick installation or launcher itself, right?

never underestimate the power of PEBKAC! Tongue
but yeah, somewhere there might be the problem. Need to see console.log to say more.

schimanski Wrote:Launcher from patchstick is 3.2.1

That should be fine...

The patchstick for 3.0.1 comes out buggy
The easiest option is to re-install softwaremenu manually and use it to re-install launcher 3.2.1 from there all works fine
Alternatively install launcher manually
To interceptor121:
Any guides how to do it manually? Sorry I was working with XBOX for a years. This ATV installation is really new to me.

BTW this would be explaining the issue which I had before, that I was not able to install new night SVNs from launcher a therefore i did fresh new install. Unfortunately even with worse results...
Open an ssh session and enter those commands
wget http://iscripts.googlecode.com/files/Sof...-1.0b1.run
chmod +x SoftwareMenu-1.0b1.run
Sudo SoftwareMenu-1.0b1.run

This will get software menu working and you can download Launcher 3.2.1
From there you upgrade to launcher 3.2.2 and then issue defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist
for the SVN
Code:
wget http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/files/Launcher-3.2.2-debug.run
chmod +x Launcher-3.2.2-debug.run
sudo ./Launcher-3.2.2-debug.run
Thanks for that I did not know the direct links for launcher

I still like software menu to change the frap order
interceptor121 Wrote:Thanks for that I did not know the direct links for launcher

I still like software menu to change the frap order

Its a personal preference, either would do. just thought it involved less steps, making it easier to install.

also clarifying that Launcher doesn't need Software menu.

Amet
Ok so feedback on your hints and some learning for me.

First I tried to create folders for creating the log for console.log - nothing happened.

Then I tried manually install Launcher 3.2.2 through SSH (thanks AMET). It was successful but I had to uploaded manually to ATV from SFTP. Again nothing showed in download section of Launcher.

So I did again fresh restore and create patchstick only for SSH and install launcher through SSH. I did not understand it but again I had to downloaded launcher to ATV through SFTP. Wget did not work. And then I realize it.

I went to network again and found out that with patchstick default gateway was overwrite!

So learning from that is quite clear. Never ever trust anybody between keyboard and chair. MaestroDD was right Smile
Even console log appeared.

Thank you guys for realizing my mistake.

Closed
interceptor121 Wrote:The patchstick for 3.0.1 comes out buggy

why's that interceptor121?

hey schimanski,

I'm glad it's working now.

schimanski Wrote:[...]
I went to network again and found out that with patchstick default gateway was overwrite!

You mean patchstick modifies something it should not touch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] No downloads in launcher after fresh restore of ATV0