Unable to access Windows 7 Share
I just installed XBMC to my Aspire Revo 1600. I followed the guide from Lifehacker and the install seemed to go without a hitch. However now when I attempt to access my share on my main Windows 7 machine, I cannot even connect to the machine.

I click on SMB share. It detects my workgroup. Then detects my computer. However when I try to access it asks for a username and password, even though I have the file share setup as public. Disabled all the homegroup options. No passwords are required. Share is allowed for everyone. But when I try to login it keeps bouncing back.

I tried my actual Windows username and password, I enabled the guest account, and even tried blank... nothing.

There was one thing I grabbed from a google search to disable the option to allowed Smb2 in the registry, which did not help.

I have used XBMC in the past, but only on a Windows machine. So I'm at a loss here. Anyone know how I can possible see the shares on my Windows 7 machine in XBMC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know its going to be a uphill battle for 1080p playback, but I have to at least see the files first!
UPDATE: The issue is now resolved. I am still unable to browse via smb://computername/share however smb://ipaddress/share works.
Evomac, you also might want to check out #3 and #4 in the post linked in my signature. Both should save you some time and future headaches with using Windows 7 as your file server.
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access Windows 7 Share0