• 4(current)
[REQUEST] Netflix 'Watch Now' plugin, script, or native code (with metadata scraper)?
Yeah, info was scarce when I posted, I figured it'd be just for scraping, but you can always dream right? It would be nice to be able to rate movies straight from the xbox though, the netflix trailers... etc...
die hard xbmc and xenium user.

I see vmcNetFlix was mentioned above. is there a way to stream movies off Media center. because maybe we could use a combination of tools like XBMC, MS Media Center, and vmcNetFlix sounds like it would work. I do not know how possible this would be but let me tell you it would probably be the best thing I have ever seen if it actually could connect to NetFlix.... ESPECIALLY NOW with the addition of all Starz movies!!!!!

another alternative may be to interconnect xbmc on xbox to the xbmc windows version. and have a plugin from the windows version to the xbox version. I am just slinging ideas out and I am sorry if all has been thought of before.

OK this is the 3rd time I am editing my post... as I was reading more on XBMC and UPnP I noticed that Media Player 11 is supported. since Netflix uses WMP11 to play its movies is there some way to uPNP the stream from it? maybe with a windows side script of some sort to open the netflix movie that you pick and an xbmc script that will stream it?? just another idea out there...

I truly hope that people do not give up on this venture...

Have a Great day and thanks Big Grin to all the coders out there that have made xbmc possible.

SoBBie

PS Woo hooo Post number 1... that is where it all starts Big Grin
Has anyone mentioned PlayOn by The Medial Mall? I use it, running on my PC, to play Netflix On Demand movies through my XBMC (on Xbox). Works perfectly.

PlayOn does cost money, however, but has a 30 day free trial.
dwmcqueen Wrote:Has anyone mentioned PlayOn by The Medial Mall? I use it, running on my PC, to play Netflix On Demand movies through my XBMC (on Xbox). Works perfectly.

Do you think you could post a video of how it works with xbmc? How do you select what movie you want to watch?
It converts it to a uPNP server...so it is added like any other uPNP host.
sw1tch Wrote:Unfortunately it is US only, only 5,000 requests per API key per day and has tons of other strings attached:

If you select this API an API key will be issued after you agree to the terms of service

http://developer.netflix.com/apps/tos

Couldn't we just have a setting in the proposed scraper or script wherein a user enters his/her own API key?

That way, each user would be responsible for going to the Netflix site and generating his/her own API key, and our generic script would simply issue that specific key with the request to the Netflix server.

That should get around the 5,000 limit.

-Wes
dwmcqueen Wrote:Has anyone mentioned PlayOn by The Medial Mall? I use it, running on my PC, to play Netflix On Demand movies through my XBMC (on Xbox). Works perfectly.

Really... I tried the Netflix channel on PlayOn. It found the top 5 movies in my queue that can be played instantly; but when I tried to play them, some wouldn't start at all, and others caused the Xbox to freeze up. You haven't encountered any similar issues?
I had the same issue with the latest on - the earlier one worked just fine (well, got skippy far into the movie, but that is a bandwidth issue).
dwmcqueen Wrote:I had the same issue with the latest on - the earlier one worked just fine (well, got skippy far into the movie, but that is a bandwidth issue).

I lowered the Performance setting to Medium and now have better luck. I did notice that some of the new Starz movies in their Watch Now catalog have a lower quality compared to the native Netflix streams - interesting.

Still, I'm loving accessing my Netflix (even if for just the 30 days).
I've been using the XBMC launcher plugin to start up GBPVR for netflix watch now functionality. Whurlston on the GBPVR forums wrote a plugin that adds watch now to GBPVR. http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=35030

Works very well, loads the covers/info faster then the VMC netflix plugin and crashes far less for me. It's almost seamless, the movie is played externally fullscreen.

If only he'd port it to XBMC....
clintshaneh Wrote:I've been using the XBMC launcher plugin to start up GBPVR for netflix watch now functionality. Whurlston on the GBPVR forums wrote a plugin that adds watch now to GBPVR. http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=35030

Works very well, loads the covers/info faster then the VMC netflix plugin and crashes far less for me. It's almost seamless, the movie is played externally fullscreen.

If only he'd port it to XBMC....

That sounds nice. Only wish something like that could work with XBMC on Xbox.
Question 
Hi everyone, I haven't read anything about the netflix plugin for xbmc but I was wondering would this be such a difficult thing to get ported over?
Use http://www.themediamall.com/playon to stream netflix,Hulu, Youtube to xbmc from the pc. Works perfect, Havent had a problem yet
I agree, PlayOn is cool, but it requires a PC... a powerful PC at that. A XBMC Plugin could be used on ATV.
I'm running XBMC on Windows. Will PlayOn also work for this or is there an easier way? Is it possible to run PlayOn on the same machine as XBMC to get Netflix Instant Watch? It seems like there would be a more elegant solution.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Netflix 'Watch Now' plugin, script, or native code (with metadata scraper)?0