Not so new...
I have been running XBMC on an xbox 1.5 for almost 2 years now... I LOVE it. however; the lack of 1080p/i is kinda getting on my nerves.

so I am considering upgrading.

what is my best option? Should I build a PC to run xbmc on? if so, will I have use of a remote (I gotta have my "god stick" Big Grin ).

Should I wait for someone to port xbmc to the xbox360? IS there anyone working on this now that home-brew has been "unlocked"?

recommendations?
I got Nvidia Ion based system. You can build it yourself with an ITX motherboard, or buy one of several pre-build ones. I love it 'cause it is very quiet and it plays 1080p video (HW accelerated) very well.
AsRock ION 330 is your friend.
http://www.asrock.com/nettop/index.asp
I got one and it pretty much works right out of the box with the XBMC Live install to the HDD including use of a remote!
Acer Revo, cheapest box you can get that can do 1080p content. Plenty of other options for Ion based units, ASRock, Zotac, etc...
Thank you for your replies... I am looking into your recommendations now...

now getting back to the remote question... is there any configuration required to get one working? Also what dongle should I use (for the remote it doesn't really matter, I plan to add it to my Harmon Kardon all in one).

[edit]: annnd, never mine, it appears these systems recommended COME with remotes! niiiiiiiiicce Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not so new...0