[Mod Request / Request] View Lockdown
As Mr. Hitcher has requested no more requests in his 'to do' list thread, I think it's smart if we give him some vacation time - I know he's earned it.

Laugh

So, I'm putting this out to any enterprising modder out there who might be able to point me in the right direction.

Everything looks FANTASTIC, and I was wondering if it's possible to request one single, yet globally effective change. Is it easy (feasible and acceptable) to put in a radio button that can 'lock out' the users' ability to change the specific views? (Or, if there's simple code that can be edited, I'm happy with doing it myself. I just don't know where to look!)

I usually use the 'Poster Wrap' view for both Movies and TV Shows and (now) 'Panel' for Music, and would prefer if I could lock out the viewers' ability to change the view. I always add new movies, and would still like the ability to use the arrow buttons to change media information (Get Fanart, Get Thumb, etc.) but I think locking down the views would be awesome.

Cheers!
This should work, giving you a setting to check/uncheck under Settings/Alaska/General:

CustomSettings.xml, insert around line 211:
PHP Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="108">
                        <include>
SettingsLabel</include>
                        <
label>Lock Views in Place</label>
                        <
onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(LockViews)</onclick>
                        <
selected>Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)</selected>
                    </
control

Includes.xml, anywhere I put it at line 21:
PHP Code:
<include name="nomenu">
        <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)</visible>
    </include>
    <include 
name="allowmenu">
        <
visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus</visible>
    </include> 

MyVideoNav.xml, 2 steps
Overwrite these lines, should be lines 52 and 116-
Quote:<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus</visible>

With these lines:
PHP Code:
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)">allowmenu</include>
<include 
condition="Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)">nomenu</include> 

Optional...for files mode-MyVideo.xml:
Overwrite these lines, should be line 29 and 76

With these lines:
PHP Code:
<include 

Forgot about music, MyMusicNav.xml
Overwrite these lines, should be line 30 and 94

With these lines:
PHP Code:
<include 

****For Total Lockdown****

Add this to Includes.xml along with what else you added:
Quote:<include name="allowmenu_7001">
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(7001).HasFocus</visible>
</include>

DialogVideoInfo.xml
Overwrite these lines, should be around lines 316 and 381:
Quote:<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(7001).HasFocus</visible>

With these lines:
Quote:<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)">allowmenu_7001</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)">nomenu</include>

FileBrowser.xml
Overwrite these lines, should be around lines 95 and 135:
Quote:<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">ControlGroup(7001).HasFocus</visible>

With these lines:
Quote:<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)">allowmenu_7001</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)">nomenu</include>
That's the second time you've helped me out with the code. Thanks a bunch! (You should really write a book.)
Instead of a book, how about a new skin Wink...Ronie and Hitch answer alot of my skinning questions so I like to help out in their forums.
mcborzu Wrote:Instead of a book, how about a new skin Wink

Hmm... I'm listening...

Wink

Hey, I'm full of good ideas (in my own head, anyway) so if you need some for any new projects, let me know.

I'm making a personal repository of any code you post. You know, for when I accidentally reload the skin and lose everything. LOL.

Thanks again!
mcborzu Wrote:This should work, giving you a setting to check/uncheck under Settings/Alaska/General
Thanks very much, works very nicely.
Weavus Wrote:Thanks very much, works very nicely.

I haven't had a chance to make the changes yet - does it also lock out the ability to update thumbs and/or backdrops? (Just a minor irritation, mind you, I would love it if everything is locked down, except for my ability to update TV backdrops - I use portrait, and I know Alaska doesn't use the context menu for those.)
Can still change thumb/fanart, this only makes (7000), the options screen, not visible if setting is checked...
mcborzu Wrote:Can still change thumb/fanart, this only makes (7000), the options screen, not visible if setting is checked...

Damn I love this. Thanks again.

Hitcher - if you read this thread, is this something you might consider including in the build itself?
Cheers for this. It's almost exactly what I had in mind. I wanted a way to lock down the possible options so those that are not familiar (kids, non-techies) don't get lost. I've added to your changes to also remove the ability to change thumbnails, fanart, etc, when on the info screen. I can post the changes if anyone's interested. I'd love to see this "Kids Mode" kind of feature included in the build Hitcher. I think Alaska works best because of its simplicity and would really be complimented by adding an option to make it really user friendly.
TheDuffMan Wrote:Cheers for this. It's almost exactly what I had in mind. I wanted a way to lock down the possible options so those that are not familiar (kids, non-techies) don't get lost. I've added to your changes to also remove the ability to change thumbnails, fanart, etc, when on the info screen. I can post the changes if anyone's interested. I'd love to see this "Kids Mode" kind of feature included in the build Hitcher. I think Alaska works best because of its simplicity and would really be complimented by adding an option to make it really user friendly.

If you could make it in two separate solutions, then yes, I would be interested in putting it into Alaska. Certainly NOT if you can't. Why? Because I'm adding to my library daily, and when I add new TV shows, it automatically adds a banner to my poster view and I need to update/edit it. Simply having a single mode that locks everything out just doesn't work for me.

Of course, if you had a "Lockdown Views" and a "Lockdown Everything" button, then this should satisfy all requests. (I'm sure Mr. McBorzu is probably already well on this one as it is - he's very quick.)

Wink
You need to change your Scraper settings to get Posters instead of Banners.
Hitcher Wrote:You need to change your Scraper settings to get Posters instead of Banners.

Umm, you can do that? /me runs and checks...

Edit: I'm back. How? (I thought there might be a button, but alas, I am mistaken.)
When you set the content you'll see Settings at the bottom for the scraper, click that and change as necessary.

And if someone comes up with the code for both lockdowns I'll add it to the skin but I don't really have time to sort it myself right now.
Hitcher Wrote:When you set the content you'll see Settings at the bottom for the scraper, click that and change as necessary.

Awesome - thanks! I'll look there now.

Hitcher Wrote:And if someone comes up with the code for both lockdowns I'll add it to the skin but I don't really have time to sort it myself right now.

Mcborzu's code, as above, works perfectly for the single lockdown (that I like) so perhaps something will be forthcoming for a secondary 'more all-encompasing' button from either him or TheDuffMan.

Take a well-deserved vacation - you've definitely earned it!

Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod Request / Request] View Lockdown0