New Be
Hi all,
Just looking for help and advice even though i have had my xbmc for 18 months i no nothing about it and was wondering if the skin or upgrades are available and are easy to do.......I was given it by my cousin and have a 500gb network hd plugged in i have no idea how to connect to a pc etc as i am a plasterer not a comp wizz Nod . Also having problems showing dvd art, saved as folder.jpg but not all are showing up .....So all help would be appreciated. go easy on me.
Dan....Big GrinBig Grin
howdy!

Perhaps here is a good place for you to start?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual
Sorry if it's me but i can't see what i need on there!!!!
Also i would like to change the Dashboard (i think) the way the whole thing looks if req i will find out what mine is etc.. thanks again. Dan
Which version of XBMC are you running? Which skin are you using? Can your cousin give any help to you?
Dan,
If you have used XBMC for 18 months and not updated then you are missing out on all the latest juicy goodness XBMC has to offer Smile
I would recommend that you take a look at the home page for XBMC and download the 'Live' version - burn it to a CD or put on a USB pen and boot from it.
You can then play around with the latest XBMC and try things out without screwing up your install (as everything is run from the CD) - Just make sure you don't choose install as that will actually put it onto your PC rather than run it from the CD.

If you can give us some specs on your PC and exactly what you'd like to achieve we can probably advise better, but that should get you started..
Sure sounds like xbmc for xbox, based on the explanation, which means you'll have to learn the joy of networking and ftp.
Danbrine Wrote:Sorry if it's me but i can't see what i need on there!!!!
Also i would like to change the Dashboard (i think) the way the whole thing looks if req i will find out what mine is etc.. thanks again. Dan

I bet 99% of the questions you have is on the wiki if you bothered to search, the forums are also searchable.
christoofar Wrote:Which version of XBMC are you running? Which skin are you using? Can your cousin give any help to you?

The bottom right off the screen i have 2 icons power down and a blue arrow if i select the arrow it gives me apple movie trailers, scripts, tetris, and t3ch upgrade if i click on that it does nothing.
Xbox Media Center - System Informations

System Info:
Free Memory: 30MB
Time: 18:55
XBMC Version: pre-2.1 Compiled: Jan 14 2008
Busy

Temperature:
CPU: 45°C
GPU: 47°C
HDD Temp: Unknown
Fan Speed: 2%

HardDisk:
C: 320 MB Free
E: 2698 MB Free
F: Unavailable
G: Unavailable
Busy
Busy
Busy
Busy
Busy
Busy
Busy
Busy

DVD-ROM:
Busy
Busy

Hardware:
Busy
Busy
Modchip lookup is disabled
Busy

Busy

Screen Resolution: 720x576 PAL 16:9 52.27 Hz.
Busy
Busy
Busy
Busy

I got this buy putting the xbox ip on my laptop then system info!
christoofar Wrote:Which version of XBMC are you running? Which skin are you using? Can your cousin give any help to you?

Cousin can not help (to busyNo) the skin is project mayhem|||

sorry to be a pain but i feel i am missing out HuhHuhHuh
All sorted, that hurt the old grey matter !!! only problem now i cant connect the network hd ...
All doneLaughLaughLaugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Be0