• 6(current)
[RELEASE] YouTrailer (Script) - Movie Trailers
ppic Wrote:Uml ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Modeling_Language

Smile
For my bad English, sorry. I am French Canadian.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC.org
Yeh! thats it.
I know about the drawings.
Im just no good at the "design" stage...
You know, figuring out what classes etc i should have etc
ha ok! It's not my cup of tea too !
mobious Wrote:The link you recommended looks great, I did everything like I was suppose to (atleast I think I did) yet it doesn't work, the trailer button does show up but when I click it nothing happens. If you could please help me out that would be great, also it would be better for you to reply at the topic just in case anyone else stumbles upon the thread and encounters the same issue.

Ok, I guess your using a svn build. r29000 or up.

If that is the case it won't work.
YouTrailer script is not addon ready yet.
mobious Wrote:The script looks great but I can't seem to get it to work. The scrip shows under scripts on confluence, and I added this to the xml file specified in the post.

<control type="button" id="15">
<description>Play Trailer</description>
<label>20410</label>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/barrak/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/YouTrailer/default.py,1)</onclick>
</control>
Changed the directory to correspond to where I put the script, yet when I click on trailer nothing happens. Any ideas?

Edit: Ignore last edit, its late and I am confused. Still want to try and get this working though. Any ideas guys?

Or your <onclick> path isn't right if you use an older build.

@Stanley87
How are things going, I really like your script and have a skinsetting for a YouTrailer button in my skin.
I don't want to hurry you up but it would be the best time to update your script for the addons builds.
Most skinners are working on there skin and could apply your script into it Wink
Waffa I am using the build that's linked in the first page of this thread. I am not sure whether my onclick path is right or wrong. I just set it to where the default.py file is in my directory as I assumed thats where it should be pointing too. I don't get what the "special" before the path is for, but afterwards that is the correct path to the default.py file.

Am I suppose to put the script somewhere else? It wouldn't let me create a folder right under the home directory like in the example given in the first page, so I just moved it to the script directory under my user name.

Edit: Also I am using xbmc live if that's of any relevance.
There's no link to an xbmc build in first post Smile

go in xbmc to system / info / and tell me your xbmc build rev nr.
Waffa Wrote:There's no link to an xbmc build in first post Smile

go in xbmc to system / info / and tell me your xbmc build rev nr.

Wow I feel like a moron lol, for some reason I thought you meant the version of the script. I am using...the build is r26018, basically the build I am using if the one they had up for download when 9.11 was released.
Ok, you probably have a fault in your onclick path.

Since I'm using newer builds my database doesn't work for pre-merge (older) builds.
So I can't test script quickly.

But you can ...Smile Download MiniMeedia Waffa! Skin
And go to System / settings / skin / video / enable youtrailer button and set path to script...default.py.

Let me know if it works for you now. Wink

Edit:
mobious Wrote:Waffa I am using the build that's linked in the first page of this thread. I am not sure whether my onclick path is right or wrong. I just set it to where the default.py file is in my directory as I assumed thats where it should be pointing too. I don't get what the "special" before the path is for, but afterwards that is the correct path to the default.py file.

Am I suppose to put the script somewhere else? It wouldn't let me create a folder right under the home directory like in the example given in the first page, so I just moved it to the script directory under my user name.

Edit: Also I am using xbmc live if that's of any relevance.

Put the script into your script folder where all your scripts are.

<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/YouTrailer/default.py,1)</onclick>
Should work just fine then, see first post.

special://home = your userdata.
So how are you suppose to use this script:

- when in Movies, press some button or use context menu to play trailer
- a "Trailer" menu item in Home Menu, if you click it you can see a list of all available trailers (recent/popular/genre like Apple trailer site)

I suppose the first. But I thought this was build into XBMC (although it never works).
The second would also be nice, if you are planning to go to the cinema or need inspiration for a new download Wink
Waffa Wrote:Put the script into your script folder where all your scripts are.

<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/YouTrailer/default.py,1)</onclick>
Should work just fine then, see first post.

special://home = your userdata.

Like I said before Waffa it won't let me create a folder under home, something about permissions. When I download a script off of SVN it puts it in special://home/barrak/.xbmc/scripts/ so I tried putting youtrailer there and giving it the path special://home/barrak/.xbmc/scripts/YouTrailer/default.py,1 yet it still doesn't work...I would love to try your skin but I have become accustomed to confluence and don't feel like switching.
Edit: Actually I will give the skin a try, it could be that for some reason youtrailer just doesn't work for me. I'll give you an update once I give it a go.
zilexa Wrote:So how are you suppose to use this script:

- when in Movies, press some button or use context menu to play trailer
- a "Trailer" menu item in Home Menu, if you click it you can see a list of all available trailers (recent/popular/genre like Apple trailer site)

I suppose the first. But I thought this was build into XBMC (although it never works).
The second would also be nice, if you are planning to go to the cinema or need inspiration for a new download Wink
The script replaces the default trailer button which can be found in video info screen.

Press "i" or info when your on a movie and video info screen will appear.
The default trailer button will only show up if there is a trailer in your movie folder
example: The A-Team-trailer.m4v
Or when there's a trailer url in your database (enable trailer in scraper)

This script does the same looks for trailers on your system if not there it will look on youtube. This can be changed in the script settings.
Go to scripts focus this script / context menu / script settings.

Second: We have a apple movie trailer script and plugin. try them also out.
You could make a button in your homescreen that opens plugin/script or use a skin that already allows you to set custom home buttons.

mobious Wrote:Like I said before Waffa it won't let me create a folder under home, something about permissions. When I download a script off of SVN it puts it in special://home/barrak/.xbmc/scripts/ so I tried putting youtrailer there and giving it the path special://home/barrak/.xbmc/scripts/YouTrailer/default.py,1 yet it still doesn't work...I would love to try your skin but I have become accustomed to confluence and don't feel like switching.
Edit: Actually I will give the skin a try, it could be that for some reason youtrailer just doesn't work for me. I'll give you an update once I give it a go.

Stay with your favourite skin Smile only do some test in MM doesn't matter were the script is located browse to it and press ok Wink
Waffa Wrote:Stay with your favourite skin Smile only do some test in MM doesn't matter were the script is located browse to it and press ok Wink

Thanks for putting up with me Waffa lol, the thing just doesn't want to work. I tried your Skin and pointed it to the default.py of youtrailer and well, with your skin the trailer button doesn't even show when I hit "I". Did you move it somewhere else?
Edit: It works! I guess some reason the youtrailer download I had was corrupt ot something so I decided to download it again, and now it works! Thanks Waffa!
EditEdit: Works great, but I do get that database error which is related to whether the movie has a date or not. Also it couldn't find the majority of my movie's trailers mainly because some of them are old, I guess ill just resort to downloading them manually. Thanks Waffa for all your help.
You can disable in script settings looking for database trailers Wink
Yep, indeed not all trailers are on you tube and not all have a great resolution.

Apple movie trailers have all great resolution and you can download them with nfo etc. See settings
Try the plugin and script Wink
Will do Waffa, thanks for the recommendation buddy!
Hi everybody,

does this script work with the newest nightly builts? I get a script error Sad

Thanks
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTrailer (Script) - Movie Trailers0