Changing Weather icons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
emal011 Offline
Well, I have to say, that this Skin hat a great design. Beautiful, modern, exotic layers, but use the old and ugly weather icons.

I was wondering, if , or How I can change the default weather icons? They´re animated and I don´t want such a thing, I already made my own weather icons(static) and want to put it on this skin. Can anybody say me How?Angry

Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
(This post was last modified: 2010-02-06 12:04 by emal011.)
find quote
MarkTaunton Offline
I would imagine that you just need to find the animated icons for the weather, and then just replace them with your images.

I might be wrong, but I would try that first, making sure you back up the original icons.
find quote
emal011 Offline
MarkTaunton Wrote:I would imagine that you just need to find the animated icons for the weather, and then just replace them with your images.

I might be wrong, but I would try that first, making sure you back up the original icons.

I don´t know why, but, for a simple animated weather icon, exist around 15 icon.
Are you trying to say, that I could delete all icons and reemplaze it with a unic Icon?

| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
find quote
paul Offline
Posting Freak
The existing textures can be found in XBMC\skin\Xperience\media\animations\weather.
I would imagine you would just rename each of your single images to that of the first image in each of those folders then delete the rest, if you understand what i mean.
This should work ok, but do make sure you back up the existing folder in case it screws upNod

XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
find quote
Rocky5 Offline
Alaska Group
the new version (beta) you can pick from static or animated icons static are the default XBMC ones and animated are the ones in the weather folder so holed off the now till the new beta is out.
find quote
emal011 Offline
Yeah, I was thinking the same, just delete it all the files. And works great!

Old Weather Screen:
[Image: Weather.jpg]

New Weather screen:
[Image: screenshot000lz.jpg]

Just a question, Why the animated icons are many PNG´s? and not gifConfused?

find quote
Rocky5 Offline
Alaska Group
emal011 Wrote:Yeah, I was thinking the same, just delete it all the files. And works great!

Old Weather Screen:

New Weather screen:

Just a question, Why the animated icons are many PNG´s? and not gifConfused?

Gifs are only 256 colours so they would look naff lol
find quote