Need help with HP MCE remote
I have an HP MCE remote as seen in this link

I need help seting it up. In lirc i have set it as an Microsoft MCE remote but it doesn't work.

I read this thread

The last post mentions copying a config file from one place to another. Once i put the contents of a config file into the other i cannot save.

Any ideas?
When i type lsmod | grep lirc* i get the following

lirc_mceusb 15264 0
lirc_dev 10804 1 lirc_mceusb

I tried changing the etc/lirc/hardware.conf file so remote device = "/dev/lirc1"

Still no luck, anyone, please?
Hi,
I have exactly the same receiver but use it with a universal remote programmed for Microsoft MCE.
It works perfectly out of the box with LIRC when set as Microsoft MCE, so I would suggest that maybe the codes that are sent from the remote aren't identical to the original MCE ones?

Do you have a universal remote you can program as Microsoft MCE and test with, or you can run 'irw' from terminal and see what data you get when you press your remote buttons.
Swifty Wrote:Hi,
I have exactly the same receiver but use it with a universal remote programmed for Microsoft MCE.
It works perfectly out of the box with LIRC when set as Microsoft MCE, so I would suggest that maybe the codes that are sent from the remote aren't identical to the original MCE ones?

Do you have a universal remote you can program as Microsoft MCE and test with, or you can run 'irw' from terminal and see what data you get when you press your remote buttons.

Tried that with my harmony. Didn't work
Ok so i saw in another thread someone was re installing lirc.

I had been uninstalling using the software front end but in the thread the guy did it using purge.

Re installed lirc through terminal, set it to Windows media device.

Restarted and it works perfectly.

Maybe it was just old settings screwing things up?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with HP MCE remote0