Sony Bravia Tips (5810 Series) - HDMI & IR Receiver
Two things I found with the Sony Bravia (KDL73 W5810) I just bought. First off, connecting my Revo via HDMI:

I got no picture. It was working through VGA, but the TV only detected the cable connection, no signal on HDMI. So after speaking to Comet support, they explained that the devices have to perform a HDMI handshake that can take a while, and may not work if the TV has been on before you plug in the cable.

The simple fix is to unplug everything, leave it all for five minutes, connect the HDMI between the devices, and then power it all back up. It still took about five minutes for the display to be recognised, so give it some time.

Secondly, and this is way cooler; I bought this remote from Maplin (product code N18HC), which comes with a cabled IR receiver. I found that the IR receiver is the exact right size to fit behind the Bravia fascia, right next to its own IR and LED lights, giving a perfectly seamless look to your TV. No hard work needed, just reach under the bottom of your TV, you'll be able to see your fingers through the semi-transparent middle portion of the fascia (it took me a while to even notice this!) - then just gently push the IR receiver into place, being careful not to go too near to the TV's own LEDs. Voila, an integrated IR for your HTPC!

Hope this is of some use!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Tips (5810 Series) - HDMI & IR Receiver0