[WINDOWS] Dell Studio Hybrid Sale
Hmmm.... 2 GB RAM, Core 2 DUO, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel X3100 Graphics for $299?

At first glance it seems like it would make a nice XBMC HTPC. I haven't seen anything decent at this price point with anything more than Windows 7 Starter.

Too good to be true? Link: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/c...833__2_9__
Doing a bit of digging around it seems like the X3100 sucks and HD decoding will have to be done by the CPU

FWIW
I have one and have tested various videos on it. The only issue I've had is with the IMAX under the sea DTS stuff, which also choked up my VDPAU machine. So far it's been able to play 1080p content (also DTS) without a problem. That said, when playing 1080p content the CPU is doing 60-70% over 2 cores, and my other machine is doing 40% over 4 cores.

The Hybrid is an older model with 3GB DDR2, Core 2 Duo T5850 2.16Ghz.
The tower is an AMD Phenom 9650 quadcore 2.3Ghz w/4GB and GeForce 8300 integrated.

I'd get it, because unlike those $200 Acers you can actually use it as a computer.

Edit: also, I believe it has a mini-pcie slot for the Broadcom chip, although I haven't tried installing as of yet. I'm actually looking for advice on that subject.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Dell Studio Hybrid Sale0