Start a slide show
first time posting here so please bear with me. i assure you i've made one hell of an attempt at finding my answer prior to seeking help and have come up empty so here i am.

i'm looking for help on what i believe to be an extremely simple script. the result i want to achieve is to launch this script, start playing an playlist and start up a pictures slide show. i'm able to launch the script and start an mp3 playlist but i'll be damned if i can find how to start up a pictures slide show. anyone able to point me in the right direction on how i can do so?
i found an answer about how to show the preview screen for a video (small vid at the bottom left of the screen) sorry for the author, can't remember who he is ! here is what i kept for backup :
__
Quote:search for the file key.h in xbmc cvs. in there you will find a window id for the visualization screen (for example 10345)
now in your script you have to create a new window that uses the visualization screen

code sample :
viswindow = xbmcgui.window(10345)

now you have access to that specific window and you will be able to show / close it with
code sample :
viswindow.show()
i hope this coule help you. try to follow what is said. maybe this could work. tell us what you get as result !
see ya
i think you might misunderstand what i mean.  what i'm after at this point it to find out how i can get xbmc to start playing a slide show of images in a known folder using python.
no.
i understand very well. so i gave you a way to resolve your problem... but it seems that something is missing in my post...

another way is to find the alexpoet website, he releases some python stuffs about slideshow.

edit : i 've edited the first reply i made you. have a look
i apologize for thinking you mis-understood. i found your first post to be confusing with the missing content and didnt see how the preview screen for a video fit into my question. now after seeing the complete post i have something to fiddle with. many thanks.
i should comment on something the other alex mentioned uptopic. i worked on something kinda like this as a script request a while back, and at the time we didn't know the window.show trick that solexalex showed you earlier. i'm not certain how well that could be used to solve your problem, but if it does, awesome.

what i did, instead, was attempt to recreate the effects of slideshow using just python. controlimage effects to draw the first picture in the folder, then move to the next. it's easy enough to flash picture over picture, but the transition effect built into xbmc are tough to duplicate cleanly with the python tools available (or were for me, anyway).

if you do want to look over my solution, there's a slideshow script available on my website (link is in my sig). it's not a perfect solution at all; it's just what i was able to hack together when i faced the same problems.

best of luck. please post your methods here, if you find a clean solution.

alexpoet
For scripts, script development tools, and documentation, visit my website:
http://www.maskedfox.com/xbmc/
as a way to get a solution, i tried one day to open a picture with mplayer (xbmc.play(picture.png)) and something append. (load then short black screen)
it could be interesting to explore this way.
(solexalex @ nov. 04 2004,20:59 Wrote:i found an answer about how to show the preview screen for a video (small vid at the bottom left of the screen) sorry for the author, can't remember who he is ! here is what i kept for backup :
__
Quote:search for the file key.h in xbmc cvs. in there you will find a window id for the visualization screen (for example 10345)
now in your script you have to create a new window that uses the visualization screen

code sample :
viswindow = xbmcgui.window(10345)

now you have access to that specific window and you will be able to show / close it with
code sample :
viswindow.show()
i hope this coule help you. try to follow what is said. maybe this could work. tell us what you get as result !
see ya
how do you give it a video to play?

another question:
is it possible to open and close the dvd tray with python?

thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start a slide show0