Streaming?
First of all, allow me to say that I'm a new user of XBMC. Running under Ubuntu 9.10. Having used many differing HTPC softwares over the years, to say that I am "happy" with XBMC would be a massive, record-setting understatement. The work done on XBMC is nothing short of the finest I have ever seen come from the OSS community.

Now that that's out of the way...

I have an iPhone, and an extensive collection of xvid/divx and h264 videos set up through XBMC on my home network. I am trying to find a way of streaming those videos to my (hacked) phone, so as to skip the mass re-encoding of a frankly ridiculous amount of video. I have done a little googling, but so far have only come up with results for things like slingbox, who claim to not support control of xbmc, and the like.

I am simply wondering - are there any current options for this? I realize that the iPhone is not in any way associated with XBMC - understand that I am not looking for something to simply stream media (though that would be acceptable if all else fails), I would like something that is capable of interfacing with XBMC and allowing me to make use of the stored metadata in XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming?0