[LIVE] M3N78-EM HTPC hangs in a few minutes of uptime
I have installed XBMC Live 9.11 on a USB stick on my HTPC based off Asus M3N78-EM. I am able to play back videos for a couple of minutes after which the system just hangs. I do not seen any network response either. I have hit this issue every time within a couple of minutes of booting up the HTPC even when not playing any videos and idling the box at the XBMC menu. I see the same behavior after booting my HTPC off the Live CD. The memory tests from the Live CD all passed. I do not see any stability issues when booting into "Safe Mode" from the Live CD.

Would it help to downgrade? Are there known issues with the newer Nvidia drivers?

Any feedback and help from XBMC Live users and owners of Asus M3N78-EM would be great.
It does seem like that the problem is gone after updating to the latest BIOS for the M3N78-EM.
I use M3N78-vm almost the same board, it works fine with the live cd. I use a 30 gig ssd drive and 2 gig of ram, notting more.

Try installing it on a normal HDD, check ram for errors with docmem or memtest 86. This board will work out of the box.
Case: Ahanix MCE301 Mainboard: M3N78-VM :CPU X2 4200 MHz SSD: 2x OCZ agility 30G Ram: 2G Remote: MS MCE. MSI Geforece 210 & Asrock 330 ION.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] M3N78-EM HTPC hangs in a few minutes of uptime0