XBMC Live vs Full ubuntu karmic install?
Hi ppl !

I have been doing some experimenting with my new PackardBell net-top nvidia ION box. My goal is to use it as a media-pc with XBMC.

First I tried Windows -> No support for VPAU
Then I tired XBMC Live -> Great result, but I want to be able to user other apps as well on my TV. I even manage to stream mkv files over my wlan without any hickups

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic and got the XBMC up and running. Works well when I play "local files", but when streaming over the same wlan the system is periodically buffering the stream. Why is that?

Another question regarding digital sound: On my Live install I used the digital sound option in XBMC. That I cant do now, for some reason?

And yes, I am a linux noob ;p

Regards
Trond E
tebones Wrote:Hi ppl !

I have been doing some experimenting with my new PackardBell net-top nvidia ION box. My goal is to use it as a media-pc with XBMC.

First I tried Windows -> No support for VPAU
Then I tired XBMC Live -> Great result, but I want to be able to user other apps as well on my TV. I even manage to stream mkv files over my wlan without any hickups

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic and got the XBMC up and running. Works well when I play "local files", but when streaming over the same wlan the system is periodically buffering the stream. Why is that?

Another question regarding digital sound: On my Live install I used the digital sound option in XBMC. That I cant do now, for some reason?

And yes, I am a linux noob ;p

Regards
Trond E

Why not run dualboot ? I pick XP when i want to run programs (play Football Manager) otherwise the box just boots as default into xbmc installed on top of a ubuntu jaunty minimal install..
ynwa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live vs Full ubuntu karmic install?0