[LIVE] TrueHD & DTS-MA (please don't flame!)
Hi all,

H/Ware Acer Revo 3600 (nVidia ION)

I've been scanning the forums and am still none the wiser! Apologies but im not fully conversant with all the audio terminology so hopefully someone can help answer these questions...(I appreciated they have prob been answered before but Im getting soooo confused now!):-

(1) BD Rips using TsMuxer pulls the DTS-MA track but only plays as DTS? Is there any way to play full DTS-MA?
(2) BD Rips using TsMuxer pulls the TrueHD track but seems to be lossinbg channels? i.e. I can hear music but no actor voices? What can be done to reolve this?
(3) Ive tried an 8-channel sample which seems to work, but how do I get 195kHz tracks?

Bottom line (and I know this will get me some flaming!)...can I get DTS-MA or TrueHD through XBMC? i.e. get this pretty lights on my Onkyo TX-SR606 to light up? :confused2:

Or what other format do I need to get lossless audio?

Any help much appreciated....Thank-you
Not possible to get DTS-MA and TRUE-HD bitstreamed so no light.

You can get the exact same quality result via LPCM, see the thread which has pretty much all the answers:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59877
Thanks for the response...Ive spent this weekend playing around trying to get PCM out of more than 2 channels!...still no joyNo

So the next problem...Ive read that VDPAU has issues with 185 nVidia ION drivers?....the 'multichannel guide' states that the 190/195 drivers have issues with multichannel PCM?......

So am I ultimately left with chosing picture or audio?! Is there anyway to revert to the 185 drivers by retaining the core VDPAU library? Oo

Thank again.....
I am still using jaunty and Camelot RC1 for this very specific reason. I have got multichannel working this way. Will not update until the nvidia 190 issue is resolved completely. Not sure of what VDPAU improvements can be found in the latest 190?
Hi Lagace....I'm quite new to the XBMC world so, in my ignorance, just installed the latest version available to download (9.11 Camelot).

I did ponder with the idea of using the 185 drivers, but read that there were issues with VDPAU so opted to go with the 190.....although at that time I didnt realise there was such an issue with multichannel audio!!

So with Jaunty and RC1, what nvidia drivers does that use? 185? Do you have any issues with VDPLAU playback?

Thanks In Advance
ylagace Wrote:I am still using jaunty and Camelot RC1 for this very specific reason. I have got multichannel working this way. Will not update until the nvidia 190 issue is resolved completely. Not sure of what VDPAU improvements can be found in the latest 190?

What is it about RC1 that that causes you to keep it and not use the latest?
DanBoy67,

I do not have any problems with VDPAU playback. Since they added the PGS (native BluRay) subtitle support it has been very stabled. The subtitles are still a bit sticky but I have not heard much development in VDPAU in the last two months.

BeninCOSpring,

I am holding off from going to Camelot as it comes packaged with nvidia 190 drivers which have an issue with HDMI audio (might be fix by nowHuh - not sure). I just do not want the hassle of downgrading the driver back to 185 after upgrading to Camelot. Too much hassle. I am waiting until the Camelot SVN shows that the HDMI issue is fixed and then I will update forward to the latest PPA I guess.

Ivan
Thanks ylagace,

I'm tempted to downgrade to the 185 drivers if your not getting any playback problems....sorry to keep picking your brains but is downgrading difficult?

If its relatively straight forward I might give it a go but really dont want to mess things up now Ive got everything (apart from multichannel PCM!) working.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] TrueHD & DTS-MA (please don't flame!)0