[linux]
Hi,

apologies if i'm posting this in the wrong section and for asking what I'm sure is a very obvious question but I can't seem to find the answer using Google or the search function on here.

I'd like to install XBMC over Ubuntu (9.10 Karmic) but I'm not sure if I am better off installing a 64 or 32 bit version for XBMC compatability.

Ideally I'd like to run 64 bit as I'm already running that version on two servers and a desktop but if 32bit will give me an easier life in getting thigs working I'm happy enough to go with that.

Second question (less important); with the latest version of XBMC (9.11) can I use the Aeon skin or does that still only work with the nightly builds as per the webpage?

Thanks for your help... complete novice to XBMC (and Ubuntu really) here.

Hamza
I've been running 32-bit Linux for... ages and am quite content. I have yet to find any need for running 64-bit mode (well, there's that 3-Gb memory limit, but there's now a PAE kernel to handle that). Also, from what I'm given to understand, it's much easier dealing with the proprietary drivers when running 32-bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[linux]0