How to update 9.11 live to latest svn for Alaska?
I have three minor issues with alaska that all are caused by me running 9.11 live, and the alaska release also stated that a newer verson is required.

I can't seem to find a proper guide on how to update 9.11 live to latest svn. Can someone point me somewhere?

I think I need to put the svn ppa in my sources list (from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33327) and then run sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get upgrade and install xbmc. Just a little afraid to try as My systems is running fine except for some minor visual glitches. Is this the way to go?
as discussed in another thread just moments ago

add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list
Code:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
register the key for the added ppa:
Code:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 64234534
then:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
and
Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade
if upgrade does not work
Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

if you only want to upgrade the xbmc parts (not _all_ upgrade-able packets)
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc

also as gabbott said is the bugs thread, if you get an open_gl error with a full dist upgrade, do this:
Code:
cd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions
sudo mv libglx.so libglx.so.default
sudo ln -s libglx.so.1 libglx.so
Just did it. I got a small (unreadable) window after reboot.Font was to small. I could use putty to approach system and did the opengl fix.

Now it boots, I see the spinning logo, then the big logo and the mouse cursor and right when I should see alaska it cycles back to the logo and this continues indefinitely. no errors. Any clue on how to fix?
kept it looping for an hour, rebooted and it works. pfew.
kees667 Wrote:Just did it. I got a small (unreadable) window after reboot.Font was to small. I could use putty to approach system and did the opengl fix.

Now it boots, I see the spinning logo, then the big logo and the mouse cursor and right when I should see alaska it cycles back to the logo and this continues indefinitely. no errors. Any clue on how to fix?

Ok I am now getting the same small box on my screen as you describe.

Can you explain the steps you used to resolve that to make it viewable?

Thanks
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS
328iGuy Wrote:Ok I am now getting the same small box on my screen as you describe.

Can you explain the steps you used to resolve that to make it viewable?

Thanks

Code:
cd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions
sudo mv libglx.so libglx.so.default
sudo ln -s libglx.so.1 libglx.so
kees667 Wrote:kept it looping for an hour, rebooted and it works. pfew.

I am getting this same looping now. Tried rebooting, same thing?

I cant get it to stop either. $%$#$ I hope I Dont need a re-install!! argh!
I did what is in the last two code boxes above. also at some point my system mentioned I could execute a command with "remove" in it. That all ended up in endles looping.

I then burned a new iso to reinstall, but couldn't place it quick enough in my asrock so it ended up booting from harddisk again and that suddenly worked.

I did not do dist-upgrade as it messed up something last time.
kees667 Wrote:I did what is in the last two code boxes above. also at some point my system mentioned I could execute a command with "remove" in it. That all ended up in endles looping.

I then burned a new iso to reinstall, but couldn't place it quick enough in my asrock so it ended up booting from harddisk again and that suddenly worked.

I did not do dist-upgrade as it messed up something last time.

You see, I made the mistake of running all the code boxes above. I think I am going to have to re-install all over now Sad.
Thank you Calmdown. This worked great!
I did need to run apt-get install xbmc-live at the end to update xbmc.
Me too... and thanks for the xbmc-live tip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to update 9.11 live to latest svn for Alaska?0