Stacking using advancedsettings.xml
Question 
Hi All,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my stacking in 9.11. I've read through the wiki & forums and am now on the verge of pulling out my hair... what little I have of it.

My file format is as follows:

<title>.<part> - <blah>.<extension>

eg.
Pride 33.round01 - Joachim Hansen vs Jason Ireland.avi
Pride 33.round02 - Frank Trigg vs Kazuo Misaki.avi
Pride 33.round03 - Travis Wiuff vs James Lee.avi

All files have been added under 'Movies' (Not TV).

My advancedsettings.xml is located in ~/.xbmc/userdata/profiles/ & is set up as follows:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
  <moviestacking>
    <regexp>([^^^\.]+)([^\s]+)(\s-[^\.]+)(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
  </moviestacking>
</advancedsettings>

The xbmc.log is generating DEBUG level commands, so I know the advancedsettings.xml is being parsed, however I can't find any reference to stacking in the logs (have been tailing/grep'ing them).

I have confirmed on http://www.regextester.com/ that the regex extracts the fields correctly, however the files still don't stack.

On top of this, just a couple of questions:

1. Are changes to the advancedsettings.xml read once (ie. on profile login) are are changes read upon an event (eg. directory change)?

2. Will an automated scan with stacking enabled (when it's working) create only a single entry in my library?

I think that'll do for now... let me know if there's anything I'm missing :-)
Oh yeah, also tried:
Code:
([^^^\.]+).round([^\s]+)(\s-[^\.]+)(\.[^.]+)$
Azzir Wrote:eg.
Pride 33.round01 - Joachim Hansen vs Jason Ireland.avi
Pride 33.round02 - Frank Trigg vs Kazuo Misaki.avi
Pride 33.round03 - Travis Wiuff vs James Lee.avi

There are more people more experienced that me but from what I can see your problem is that you want to stack files that are named differently
try this:

Pride 33.round01
Pride 33.round02
Pride 33.round03

or

Pride 33.CD1
Pride 33.CD2
Pride 33.CD3

No need for tweaking advance settings

If you must have the descriptions put them in a .info file in the folder where the files are

hope it helps
Thanks for that :-) Sure enough, changing the filenames to "Pride xx cd#.avi" worked, however I don't really want to have to change the filenames of every movie file I have...

...plus I couldn't call myself a geek if I didn't actually want to figure this out Wink

From what you said, I further changed the regex to make sure XBMC wasn't having issues stacking with '01', '02', '03' etc (as opposed to '1', '2', '3'), so I've made another change to my regex as per below:

Code:
([^\.]+).round0([^\s]+)(\s-[^\.]+)(\.[^.]+)$

When applied to Pride 33.round01 - Joachim Hansen vs Jason Ireland.avi, this gives me:

Title: "Pride 33"
Part: 1
Ignore: " - Joachim Hansen vs Jason Ireland"
Extension: .avi

Which as far as I can tell should work... Tongue

Will definitely keep the .nfo thing in mind though... thanks for your help :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacking using advancedsettings.xml0