wiimote - annoying behaviour
hey all,

i'm using the following components on two xbmc machines. both are built of nearly the same hardware. i setup a custom gentoo system which is running on both machines, minor differences exist in the kernel configuration regarding some hardware drivers.

- both machines: same bluetooth dongle
- both machines: net-wireless/bluez-utils-3.36
- both machines: net-wireless/bluez-libs-3.36
- both machines: games-util/wiiuse-0.12-r1
- both machines: bluetoothd started
- both machines: no motion sensing used in keymapping for xbmc
- machine1: brandnew original nintendo wiimote (mine)
- machine2: brandnew 3rd party wiimote (unknown brand from china / buddie's system)

i compiled the wiiuse-wiiremote eventclient against the installed wiiuse package, just like described in the readme. basically everything is fully functional on both machines. but differences exist in the responsiveness of input actions.
at first i'd like to mention there isn't any problem on machine2 which is connected to the 3rd party wiimote. until now i haven't had a chance to test the 3rd party wiimote on machine1, because my buddy isn't at home atm.

the problem on machine1:
scrolling through the main menu, different views and lists arbitrarely results in some kind of "self-employment". so i'm completely loosing control over the wiimote. it's just like i would hold the up- or down-button to scroll fast through lists, so to say it is invoking a repeat action. i checked the buttons of the wiimote, these are just fine. paradoxically i'm gaining back control by just moving the wiimote in space. it's like it is sending a signal of its motion sensors. but i didn't enable any axis in the keymapping. everything just happens by pressing buttons. also it does not make a difference how far away the wiimote is placed from the xbmc box.
the logs are pretty quiet and do not show anything unusual. i'm going to attach a log in about an hour.

has anybody been experiencing the same or similar results? if yes what's the problem here and above all how could i get rid of the problem?

thanks & regards,
einhänder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wiimote - annoying behaviour0