Advanced SSA and ASS subtitle support?
A request ticket has been created for this feature:

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/ticket/153

any support for the suggestion posted there would be appreciated.
Thumbs Up 
[PATCH] Rendering SSA/ASS subtitles via libass => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32634

...it is only a matter of time now... Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm dancing in my heart.
Great news.
Now, if only it could make it's way to mplayer (xbox).
Mplayer is way faster in decoding H264 with skip deblocking.
Sorry for bumping the thread, but this is a feature that I'm really looking forward to. Does anyone have any idea as to when this patch will make it into SVN? Elupus? Spiff?
When rudd have cleaned up the code it will be in linuxbranch. Although it might take abit longer before it gets into trunk aswell (Seeing it needs to be made dll and work with our dllloader.)

So be patient Wink
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Ah. I see. I had seen this in sourceforge for the patch:

Quote:Date: 2008-04-26 06:22
Sender: elupus
Logged In: YES
user_id=741957
Originator: NO

The code itself look fine now. The only thing that remains how to handle
building libass. The lib would have to be built for mac atleast too. I
think one option would be to build it in tree just as libcmyth is done.
What do you think cptspiff?

And had thought that part of it was already looking good. I guess not.
I have to excuse myself, my info was old Smile didn't think of checking SF first :S
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
bmfrosty Wrote:Sorry for bumping the thread, but this is a feature that I'm really looking forward to. Does anyone have any idea as to when this patch will make it into SVN? Elupus? Spiff?

I just submitted a dll based one to sf. So I just need to fix any potential errors they see then I don't think it should be too much longer after that.
It's in SVN. It works and looks amazing under linux. Thanks Rudd and everyone else who worked on it.
bripeace Wrote:It's in SVN. It works and looks amazing under linux. Thanks Rudd and everyone else who worked on it.

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if this is included in the 13209 rev? If not, how would i go about installing the patch?
Stratz9799 Wrote:Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if this is included in the 13209 rev? If not, how would i go about installing the patch?

Never mind, turns out it was an isolated file that was problematic. XBMC rules!
Question 
maybe i misunderstood the changelog but with rev13162 shouldn't ass/ssa be used when available if the file is played in dvdplayer? i have tried a few files so far and there is no difference from previous builds
no not yet. some of groundwork was laid down, but its not complete yet. (but i think it works in the linux branch.)
Just wondering when this will be in the windows trunk.

yes i know my first post is a shameless bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced SSA and ASS subtitle support?1