[AppleTV - r27527] CrystalHD starts to drop frames after a while
Using XBMC SVN r27527...

I'm not sure if it's the same problem as #4 listed in the CrystalHD status thread, but after a while playing (few minutes) the video gets really choppy (lots of frames are being dropped). I tried to leave it like that for a little while, but it never seems to be able to continue playing smoothly by itself, so I hit pause, rewind a little and all is good again for a few minutes until it starts dropping a lot of frames again. I tried 2 MKV and both act pretty much exactly the same, here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/m3899425a
LucL Wrote:Using XBMC SVN r27527...

I'm not sure if it's the same problem as #4 listed in the CrystalHD status thread, but after a while playing (few minutes) the video gets really choppy (lots of frames are being dropped). I tried to leave it like that for a little while, but it never seems to be able to continue playing smoothly by itself, so I hit pause, rewind a little and all is good again for a few minutes until it starts dropping a lot of frames again. I tried 2 MKV and both act pretty much exactly the same, here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/m3899425a

Yep, looks like #4
just hoping to help, but experiencing the same issue still, as above with r27527 too

stopping & resuming fixes for few minutes.

clicking rewind or ffwd also works for a short period too.

also, copying it locally to the atv seems to have some impact too, as opposed to smb playback.
Interesting, in my case it fixed itself after ~5-10 seconds of stuttering.

Tested with few 720p movies, goes well, but once in a while heavy stuttering, audio goes out of sync. I do nothing and it goes back on track.

Other that that 720p content is very watchable now, good stuff! Big Grin
I booted my Apple TV off a linux USB stick and it seems to do the same thing but not as bad as in OS X though.
davilla Wrote:Yep, looks like #4

Let me know if you need more info.
davilla Wrote:Yep, looks like #4

Hey Davilla, you do know that the video buffer is dry when it start stuttering, right?
nikiiv Wrote:Hey Davilla, you do know that the video buffer is dry when it start stuttering, right?

Yep, DVDPlayerVideo drains it out trying to re-sync, I can and do read xbmc.log Smile
by the way... you can consider #2 as fixed, at least it is here.
LucL Wrote:by the way... you can consider #2 as fixed, at least it is here.

Neither #4 or #2 are fixed in my testing of 720p MKV files against r27557 last night. Although #4 is much improved.

I want to clarify why is meant #2 is this the first time you play a video that uses Crystal HD after startup of XBMC, complete restart of box or the first time you play a new MKV file?
r27597 is still borked for me. will see if I can drop down to r27595 as per the crystalhd status thread tomorrow when I'm not working. will also post logs then.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
Olethros Wrote:Neither #4 or #2 are fixed in my testing of 720p MKV files against r27557 last night. Although #4 is much improved.

I want to clarify why is meant #2 is this the first time you play a video that uses Crystal HD after startup of XBMC, complete restart of box or the first time you play a new MKV file?

Perhaps it still drops a few frames, but it's far from being as bad as it was in early builds.
Olethros Wrote:Neither #4 or #2 are fixed in my testing of 720p MKV files against r27557 last night. Although #4 is much improved.

1st time you play a video after xbmc is launched/started.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV - r27527] CrystalHD starts to drop frames after a while0