Upmix Stereo to All Speakers Gone?
My old version of XBMC I ran on my Xbox 1 had an option to upmix stereo to all speakers, but this options doesn't seem to be in the current version from what I can tell.

How come this was removed? Is there any way to reenable it? I loved that for listening to music.
manekineko Wrote:My old version of XBMC I ran on my Xbox 1 had an option to upmix stereo to all speakers, but this options doesn't seem to be in the current version from what I can tell. How come this was removed? Is there any way to reenable it? I loved that for listening to music.

Read your post again and try to extract the information needed here. Not there. Old version? current version? Stare In my version of the xmcv or what ever it was running on ... my washing machine i suppose I had JoinToTriples or what ever it was.
His post made sense to me. Yes, in the latest build (9.11 Camelot) this option is gone. From some posts I read it sounds like it did not work properly. The easiest fix is to set your receiver to 6-channel stereo when playing music. Let the receiver handle it rather than XBMC.
@realjobe

I am not sure what we can do to get your washing machine working...........have you tried:

http://forum.maytag.com

Maybe plug the thing with with the three prongs into the outlet on the wall? Wink
hogfan Wrote:@realjobe
I am not sure what we can do to get your washing machine working...........have you tried

Funny, must admit. But you ALL agree with me when a groul to these idiotic, no brains written illformatted "bug reports" about some off-topic issues on how to install this baby or similar nonsense.

Like Einstein said" lay it to me like I'm 7 years old."

There are FAR more important issues to revolve & raport here like performance and generic functionality than to hear these kind of s****. And IF you have an error / missbehaivour raport to puke, formulate proper english report with vital informations like what build and exact illustration what has happened. And DEBUG LOG!

This is nonpaid operation and only ONE Xbox dev takes actions on these.

It gets to me, these fuckers polluting this, I know.:mad:
Afaik this option still exists: It's in System/Audio Output
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:Afaik this option still exists: It's in System/Audio Output

Thanks, but on my version (9.11), the only options I have are:
Audio output (switch digital/etc.)
-Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
-DTS Capable Receiver

Audio output device (switch outputs)
Custom audio device

Passthrough output device (switch outputs)
Custom passthrough device

Downmix multichannel audio to stereo.

So I could convert multichannel down, but I can't seem to convert stereo up. Unfortunately, I don't think my receiver has an upmixing capability either.

As an aside, has the System Info button from ancient versions of XBMC like I ran on my Xbox 1 been entirely removed as well? It used to display the version you were running, and stats about memory and disk utilization.
What platform are you running on - are you running on xbox? Assuming you are running on xbox then this option should be there, if aren't running on the xbox then this option won't be there.

System info is still there. Press right on the System main and then select System Info (assuming you are using Confluence Skin).
prae5 Wrote:What platform are you running on - are you running on xbox? Assuming you are running on xbox then this option should be there, if aren't running on the xbox then this option won't be there.

System info is still there. Press right on the System main and then select System Info (assuming you are using Confluence Skin).

Thanks, System info worked like a charm. Didn't think to look for it there.

I'm now running the Live Ubuntu on an ION system, so I guess that explains why I don't see the option. Is it not possible to get that working on non-Xbox's?
No, i believe it was done through hardware rather than software on the xbox.

I have my amp/receiver do this for stereo sources.
I think the option you're looking for is in Settings/Music/PlayBack: Output stereo to all speakers....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:I think the option you're looking for is in Settings/Music/PlayBack: Output stereo to all speakers....

On that screen the only options I have are:
Play the next song automatically
Queue songs on selection
Replygain volume adjustments
Crossfade between songs
Crossfade between songs on the same album
Visualization

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upmix Stereo to All Speakers Gone?0