[AppleTV] iTunes Plugin failure
First off, apologies if this is a known issue, but I have searched the forums and trac and no one seems to have an identical issues to me, so here goes:

OSX Version 10.4 (ATV Variant)
Platform: AppleTV
Launcher Version: 3.2.2
Install Method: Launcher
SVN Revision:27482
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)
I have my Music directory on my Time Capsule (located at /NAS/Music). I have my ATV automount this directory using the afp protocol using a LaunchAgent (and also periodically re-check whether it is still mounted and remount if necessary). The Directory is Mounted at /Volumes/NAS/Music with a symlink to ~/Music. All my computers and my ATV are symlinked in this way so that they can all use the same iTunes library.

Now, my problem is this: If I navigate via the Music menu item to a subfolder containing an Album, I can play that album - so I obviously have a correct connection. BUT, if I try to use the iTunes plugin, although I can import my library and navigate through it using the plugin (and all my albums are listed correctly) I cannot play any of the tracks. Like I say, the tracks ARE playable through the default interface, but then I don't have the tight iTunes integration that i would like.

FULL Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/f2e738afb

GUI Problems (Navigation, Finding options, Setup, Labels, etc): None

Skin name: Confluence

Playback Problems:
Audio codec and container: All files tried were m4a (encoded by iTunes importer, settings: AAC 128 kbs low complexity - unprotected).

Hope I'm not being a numpty, but I can't for the life of me get it to work and was wondering if the plugin is compatible with the newer revs of XBMC.

Seems to have some problems parsing strings.xml in the log file. I have several instances of:

Code:
14:15:50 T:2684407808 M: 15114240   DEBUG: unable to load special://home/plugins/music/iTunes/resources/language/english/strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0)?

Many thanks in advance!

Jimmer
Problem fixed! Needed to rebuild my iTunes library file - must have got corrupt somehow.... Please ignore above post!

Jim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] iTunes Plugin failure0