Mount NTFS Drives/Partition in XBMC 9.11
I have run a fresh install of XP SP3
Booted the live disk and installed XBMC to disc

My setup is: over 3 main partitions on 1 HDD.

WinXP - 250GB (was 500GB before XBMC install)
XBMC - 250GB
Movies - 1TB (NTFS)

Now I have seen a lot of talk about editing this file and removing something using wordpad etc.. but this is from the bootable CD/USB

I cannot boot into Ubuntu from XBMC I just get a $Bash screen if I exit XBMC.. So I would like to know how I get this NTFS drive listed in XBMC, I've searched the forums and not found anything on doing this for a Live install to Disc.

You're help would be appriated. Thanks guys.
~ Make hay while the sun shines ~ CHS
Here is how I mount a Win7 NTFS partition on my laptop:

Code:
mount -t ntfs /dev/sda3 /mnt

That makes everything available under the path /mnt. Depending on your own setup, you need to substitute /dev/sda3 for your Windows drive/partition and /mnt for where you want it to go.

Edit /etc/fstab to make it permanent on reboot.
I think ntfs-3g should be better.
That's great, I have a note for 'NTFS-3G'

With XBMC live installed on the HD there doesn't seem to be a way to boot into Ubuntu? Can I add this to the boot menu.. Even safe mode goes straight to the Media Centre. Not sure how I edit /etc/fstab unless I can navigate to it?

If I exit XBMC I get root but how do I restart XBMC? If I reboot the machine I will loose the mount won't I?
~ Make hay while the sun shines ~ CHS
Hit ctrl-alt-F1 to switch to the console and login to a shell account. Add ssh through "apt-get install openssh" so you can get in via the network later. Hit ctrl-alt-F7 to switch back to the XBMC screen.

You'll need to edit /etc/fstab with an editor. Lots of Linux tutorials out there. Time to read some. Wink

Yes, if you reboot, you'll lose the mount. If it is in /etc/fstab, it will be reestablished upon booting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mount NTFS Drives/Partition in XBMC 9.110