Best way to backup install
Hi all.

I'm using XBMCFreak's live distro which I've installed on my Acer Revo 3600.

All my media is on a separate usb HD. I've spent the last couple of days setting up everything just the way I like it, including scanning all my media correctly.

Now that it's all done, what's the best way to back up everything as-is so I won't have to go through this all again. I don't want to backup my media itself, that is done differently.

I've got another linux server on the network, so I could possibly use rsync. Does anyone have a good working solution to this?
i use clonezilla, installed on an usb 8 Gb pen drive.
Ah. Does it allow you to boot off the usb drive and make an entire disk image? Where can it back the image up to?
Yup.... it boots from usb pen drive and allows to create the image on the same usb pen drive(as long as there is free space in it)
Are the any windows based programs I can use to back it up on a SD Card?
digzz Wrote:Are the any windows based programs I can use to back it up on a SD Card?

This boots up off the usb drive, so I would imagine it works for any OS you have installed.
mellowd Wrote:This boots up off the usb drive, so I would imagine it works for any OS you have installed.

I mean can't I just use a program in windows to back up the SD card?
Clonezilla, this is exactly what I have been looking for! thanks
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Clonezilla, this is exactly what I have been looking for! thanks
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Clonezilla does not work for me.....I'm getting a "Partclone Fail" it gets to 99.82% then fails....and this is from a SD card to a usb stick. I also tried SD card too SD card, same thing. Are the any other programs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to backup install0