_ts over network crashes
How do all.

I've just scratched the surface of XBMC and have played with the skin and settings a little. But alas playing films is just making my poor old mac mini hang and or crash.

Films are in there _ts folders. the only other thing in the folder is a preview and folder .jpg

Set up is...

Apple G4 400 agp running as a file server with 2x 1tb drive a 500g drive and 150g drive all plugged into either a USB2 card or the built in firewire 400 (i think)

then this is wired via hub over cat6 to a first gen mac mini 1.42 with a gig stick of ram in it.

wireless router somewhere in the mix too. but both machines have airport turned off.

is my set up to old to be playing such games as XBMC or have I missed some settings. I cant seem to see an error log either.

any help would be great thanks guys

** ok just saw someone mention on the forum about audio being a problem. So just played with those and now have audio and watching batman!

picture seems a little skitish. seems to speed up and slow down a bit. does anyone seen this before.
also forgot to mention that audio from the mini is into an sony ht-k25 again old but still going strong. could the lag and skip still be audio related?

thanks for reading my mumblings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
_ts over network crashes0