Is the Acer Revo ntel Atom 230 1.6GHz good enough 1080p?
I have the dual core asrock 330.. which is excellent.. and Im looking at a deal on the revo for £140, single core, 1gb ram.. and I wondered if this would be more than capable for 1080p playback....

Would be running XBMC live only... I would imagine it will be fine, as the gpy would be doing the decoding, but just want to check... Its £100 saving against getting another asrock...

Thanks
Yep I have 2 Revo's (N230 1.6Ghz) and they play 1080p in a similar setup.

After reading these forums I did add another 1Gb stick of ram for £14 but not sure if this was totally necessary.
The Atom 230 is not powerful enough to push 1080p video playback .... but the Nvidia ION GPU is. Big Grin

I've got a 1600, worked perfectly with 1GB eventhough I felt the need to upgrade to 2GB ... and didn't notice a bit of difference except maybe a few (imagined?) seconds quicker to boot.

Hackering up dds (search nvcompress) support for fanart does wonders for GUI response.
DrMedia Wrote:I have the dual core asrock 330.. which is excellent.. and Im looking at a deal on the revo for £140, single core, 1gb ram.. and I wondered if this would be more than capable for 1080p playback....

Would be running XBMC live only... I would imagine it will be fine, as the gpy would be doing the decoding, but just want to check... Its £100 saving against getting another asrock...

Thanks

More than capable, I have single core and dual core versions. Single core is plenty enough for 1080p.
Ditto all of the above. Check out the thread in my signature if you are looking for tips on setting it up to get smooth 1080p. While there are several obstacles to getting there, none of them are related to lack of horsepower in the Revo.
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is the Acer Revo ntel Atom 230 1.6GHz good enough 1080p?0