Files/Dirs to backup before reinstall?
Hi All

Well I did a full update and messed up my XBMC 9.11 Live install Sad. It now just boots up and keeps cycling the large XBMC logo and mouse icon OFF/ON non-stop Sad.

If I have to do a re-install, what directories and files do I want to backup so I can ensure I keep my library, sources etc?

Thanks
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS
/home/xbmc/.xbmc <- stores all data for xbmc

but before reinstalling, you could try renaming /home/xbmc/.xbmc/guisettings.xml -> /home/xbmc/.xbmc/oldsettings.xml or something, that way xbmc starts with it's default settings, in case there is something wrong in you settings.
blittan Wrote:/home/xbmc/.xbmc <- stores all data for xbmc

but before reinstalling, you could try renaming /home/xbmc/.xbmc/guisettings.xml -> /home/xbmc/.xbmc/oldsettings.xml or something, that way xbmc starts with it's default settings, in case there is something wrong in you settings.

Thanks a lot for the tip, I will give that a try!
to even go further if something fails, rename the entire .xbmc folder to .xbmc-old or something, if guisettings.xml renaming don't do any difference.
blittan Wrote:to even go further if something fails, rename the entire .xbmc folder to .xbmc-old or something, if guisettings.xml renaming don't do any difference.

Ok, thanks!
blittan Wrote:/home/xbmc/.xbmc <- stores all data for xbmc

That seemed to be the life saver Smile.

I just renamed it, it created a new one and booted fine. I just setup all my settings again and all looks well. Thanks a lot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files/Dirs to backup before reinstall?0