IMDB scraper stopped updating the "Year" field
Since last week, the IMDB scraper stopped updating the "Year" field when scanning for new content. All other movie info is being fetched correctly, just the "Year" fields are left empty. I have tried it out on two different computers, one running Windows XP SP3, the oher running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, with the same result. Both machines are running XBMC 9.11 R26017.

I'm wondering if IMDB changed their site, and the scraper is not working anymore?
imdb changed their site, and the scraper has been updated some 2 months ago to reflect this fact. obviously not updated in the 9.11 release.
Quote:imdb changed their site, and the scraper has been updated some 2 months ago to reflect this fact. obviously not updated in the 9.11 release.

It seems to me that the problem started only a couple of weeks ago.

But if you are correct, the answer would be to install a more recent svn, if so which version is the most stable since 9.11 ?

thanks

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
latest nightly have it. i have no idea nor any interest in which of them are the most stable - try it and see if it works for you. it's built from a codebase in constant development, so it may be a bit hairy.
Is there a way I can update the scraper without having to replace my XBMC install with an SVN build or is it out of the question?
forcedalias Wrote:Is there a way I can update the scraper without having to replace my XBMC install with an SVN build or is it out of the question?
I'll second that - the nightly builds just won't download for me. They time out, reporting whole days as an ETA... I'm in Australia.
Smile 
Thankfully, the scrapers aren't hard coded. They're just XML files.

http://hotfile.com/dl/33853563/c768343/i...x.rar.html

Unpack the file above into your XBMC install directory overwriting the existing imdb.xml
thanks !
Thanks from me too!

forcedalias Wrote:Thankfully, the scrapers aren't hard coded. They're just XML files.

http://hotfile.com/dl/33853563/c768343/i...x.rar.html

Unpack the file above into your XBMC install directory overwriting the existing imdb.xml
Does the same applies to "Tag Line" ?
I keep getting blank tag lines in movie information, even after refreshing.
TMDB gets it, but I prefer IMDB because of their rating/scoring-system
Copying the imdb.xml from SVN works like a charm, but I had a 170 movies with missing year due to this change from IMDB.

I was worried I had to drop my whole library OR manually re-scan the movies with missing year. I found a workaround that seem to work ok for me at least:

1) Download sqlite client for your O/S if you do not already have it (http://www.sqlite.org/download.html or "sudo apt-get install sqlite3" for Ubnutu)

2) To be sure quit XBMC and backup your database file (.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db)

3) Open the database with the sqlite client (sqlite3 MyVideos34.db)

4) To check the number of movies with wrong year run this sql:

SELECT count(*) FROM movie WHERE movie.c07 = 0;

5) To delete these movies from the library use these sqls:

DELETE FROM path WHERE idpath IN (SELECT idpath FROM path WHERE idpath IN (SELECT idpath FROM files WHERE idfile IN (SELECT idFile FROM movie WHERE movie.c07 = 0)));

DELETE FROM files WHERE idfile IN (SELECT idFile FROM movie WHERE movie.c07 = 0);

DELETE FROM movie WHERE movie.c07 = 0;

6) Quit sqlite client by typing ".quit"

7) Start XBMC and do a "update library"

WARNING: Use at own risk, I did not dig too deep into the data model and I guess this could cause problems Smile
Great!!!
Hey,

I'm having a problem with the IMDB scraper too, since the website change. However, my missing info is not the date, but the title and rating for the movie...

Anyone else having this problem? I changed the xml file to the new one, with no result...

TVDB scraping is still working fine, so I'm pretty sure it must be the website change issue.

Um...debug log? Not sure where to get/start that...

Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Odin Wrote:Hey,

I'm having a problem with the IMDB scraper too, since the website change. However, my missing info is not the date, but the title and rating for the movie...

Anyone else having this problem? I changed the xml file to the new one, with no result...

TVDB scraping is still working fine, so I'm pretty sure it must be the website change issue.

Um...debug log? Not sure where to get/start that...

Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Same problem here! Not sure what's going on....
Here's my pastebin, not sure what the problem is:
http://pastebin.com/6sd5HauK

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB scraper stopped updating the "Year" field0