[LIVE] xbmc wont shutdown/hibernate/suspend
Hiho..

nice to see the forums are back.. because I'm relative new, I had to reregister Sad

I'm running an installed xbmc live on my machine... I updated at weekend to last svn and nvidia drivers...

Everything is working fine, including Aeon65.. but one thing I cant get to work..

Its the "shutdown" button... No matter what I choose (hibernate, suspend, shutdown) - The xbmc screen gets black for 0,5sec and then comes back with nothing happend...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Same here since i've updated to last svn (from a couple of weeks ago just before the new adapter functionality). I think it has something to do with the Nvidia screen modes but i'm not sure.
Question 
My problem is analog, but XBMC exit to the terminal login tty1 prompt.
I wish I could make the XBMC shutdown command automatically turn off my ZOTAC MAG, without have to type manually ´sudo shutdown now´ and put my password.

I was looking for a way to include such command script as a button on my IR Remote, maybe suing LIRC-IR

Any ideas ?
Hi

Please check the log if you don't have policykit problem ... in log you will see permission problem while pressing shutting down xbmc.

Janusz
This will fix some problems...but dont know about svn

If policykit-1 is not already installad your probably dont want to do this. I am working on this because I have problems with it already due to installing gnome. My remaining problem is usb auto mount...

sudo apt-get install policykit-1 devicekit-power
sudo nano /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action=org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.*;org.freed esktop.devicekit.power.*;org.freedesktop.consoleki t.system.*;org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable;org.freedesktop.hal.device.volume
ResultActive=yes
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=yes
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=68100

Ubuntu_Suspend_/_Wake
Hi thanks..

I followed the wiki.. now the "shutdownbutton" works.. but Wake on USB still doenst work... I tried everything in the guide...
TheShortOfIt Wrote:Hi thanks..

I followed the wiki.. now the "shutdownbutton" works.. but Wake on USB still doenst work... I tried everything in the guide...

Check Bios settings.
try the xci script. it fixed alot of hardware issues on my zotac ion itx.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] xbmc wont shutdown/hibernate/suspend0