Current stable version: 2.0.6
Current test version: n.a.
XBMCNerds thread (german forum)
Note: If you want to use solo mode in Eden you have to additionally install the RCB service addon. You'll find it in XBMCs repo Services category.
Game Import / Scraping
- scan your rom folders and import games to local database
- scrape artwork and game info from various online sources
- import local available data (descriptions, artwork, videos)
- results from all selected scrapers can be mixed together
- supports background scraping at XBMC startup
- three scraping modes: Automatic: Accurate, Automatic: Guess Matches, Interactive: Select Matches
- create local nfo files while scraping (option to reimport local files without scraping online)
- create scrape result files (missing artwork, missing descriptions, possible mismatches)
- import options dialog: select Rom Collection, scraping mode and scrapers on every game import
- search games by crc value or gamename (if supported by the scraped site or the local description file format)
- configurable description file parser (supports various txt and xml formats)
- browse games by console, genre, year, publisher and first character
- automatic video playback in video window
- fullscreen video browser (zap through all selected game videos)
- game details page
- select RCB skin independent of your XBMC default skin
- available skins: Confluence, Night, Simplicity
- mark games as favorites
- search games by name (or part of the name)
- configurable image placing (choose filetype for background, gamelist, etc.)
- fully skinnable UI: already skinned for Confluence, Night and Carmichael (other skins will use the Confluence look and feel)
- dedicated MAME views to display cabinets and marquees
- launch roms and standalone games in solo or non-solo mode (solo mode quits XBMC and relaunches it when you quit the emulator)
- supports direct launching of savestate files
- detect games in zip and 7z archives and ask user which game to load
- support loading multiple roms at once (e.g. with uae)
- create xbox cut files on the fly
- store game launch count in db
- restore viewstate when returning to RCB
RCB scrapes data from these sites (don't forget to visit, register and contribute!):
- http://thegamesdb.net - game data + artwork (boxfront, boxback, fanart)
- http://archive.vg/ - game data + artwork (boxfront)
- http://www.giantbomb.com - game data + artwork (screenshot)
- http://www.mobygames.com - game data + artwork (screenshot, boxfront, boxback, cartridge)
- http://maws.mameworld.info - game data + artwork (action, title, cabinet, marquee, flyer)
Note: MAWS site is down these days! more info can be found here. Also there is a little guide How to add MAME roms with offline game descriptions.
From top left to bottom right:
Confluence Info, Confluence Info2,
Confluence Info (MAME cabinet), Confluence fullscreen video,
Night Showcase, Aeon MQ3 Multiplex
If you have any problems running this script please report your error here including an XBMC log file. In most situations no debug log is needed as most errors will occur in my script and not XBMC.
Have fun with it!
Donations for this addon gratefully accepted.