• 148(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2012-04-21, 09:11)malte Wrote:
(2012-04-21, 08:05)deh2k7 Wrote: I'm having some problems with JNES. Whenever I try to exit a game using Alt+F4, it hangs XBMC, forcing me to kill it with task manager. Looking in the logs offers no errors/warning as to the cause. This only happens with JNES and NOT SNES9X or Dolphin. I'm Eden 11.0 release, and the XBMC Repo version of RCB. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how to address this problem?
I have same problem here on Win 7 64. It happened with WinUAE and FCEUX but I guess it is not dependent to the emulator. Only way around this with current release is to use solo mode. I will see if I can do anything against it from the coding side. I wanted to change the command that RCB uses to invoke emulators one day. Maybe this will also solve this problem.

I have Win7x64 as well, so seems like we have similar setups. I'll be happy to test any ideas you have. In the meantime, I'll set it for solo mode.

just for the case you missed it Wink

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Damn! Indeed, I missed that. Looks great! Thank you for adding support.

If you need any help from my side or if you have any suggestions for improvements just PM me.
I'm really looking forward to NOX 3.0 with RCB support ... Exciting times ahead ;-)
(2012-04-06, 16:14)malte Wrote:
Buff Wrote:Many thanks for your reply a couple of weeks back, apologies for the time taken to try this out - unfortunately, on boot up, XBMC still automatically goes into RCB. I'm using Eden, so I deleted the settings.xml file in appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata/addons_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/ - is this the correct one?
Yes, this was the correct one. You could also try to remove RCB service addon if you don't use solo mode.

Hi malte, I'm still having the issue with RCB automatically starting when XBMC starts - I tried removing the RCB service addon, but this completely froze XBMC on startup - I have to kill the process and delete the RCB addon to be able to start XBMC. If I then reinstall RCB it automatically installs the service addon and I'm back to RCB opening automatically on startup of XBMC.

Any suggestions - would a log shed any light on it?

Many thanks
Yes, please show me a log file. I hope I will see whats going on.
Cheers Malte, log below;

http://pastebin.com/aKEKtgyk
(2012-04-22, 12:18)malte Wrote: Damn! Indeed, I missed that. Looks great! Thank you for adding support.

If you need any help from my side or if you have any suggestions for improvements just PM me.

will do. great plugin. something like this should be integrated into core.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
@Buff:
It is not the RCB service that is starting RCB.
Code:
18:49:29 T:3812  NOTICE: RCB Service: Start
18:49:29 T:3812  NOTICE: RCB Service: launch RCB on startup =
18:49:29 T:3812  NOTICE: RCB Service: scrape games on startup = false
18:49:29 T:3812  NOTICE: RCB Service: Done
So it must be autoexec.py. Can you search your AppData\Roaming\XBMC and all sub folders for autoexec.py?

@phil65:
Maybe somebody will do as GSoC project. But as said in the thread: ALA and RCB are covering so many features requested in the past two years, I guess most of them won't make it into core. But I would be happy if this could happen. Maybe I will sit down and learn some C++ Big Grin
Cheers malte, works perfectly now
MAME emulator is still making me crazy. Read quite a few solutions, but still get nothing (a cmd window that opens and immediately closes) whenever I try to launch any games through RCB. If I use the -inipath (?) setting I will sometimes get an error that says no roms are found in the folder. I have tried changing the path with and without quote marks. I have copied the mame.ini file to various locations with no results.

Please a little help here. I got all my other emulators working, but MAME is being a mule and has some of my favorite titles.
Did you follow instructions on Angelscrys site?

Usual way is:
- add path to your rom files in mame.ini
- add path to mame.ini in launch parameters
OK. I followed that guide and there were a few things there that I had neglected. Now I am able to launch some of my games. I no longer get the no games in folder error, but most of the games still crash immediately (cmd window that just opens and closes right away).

How can I debug this to find out exactly what's going on here?

- EDIT : OK. Validation for the guide. It would appear the problem is with my emulator. It won't run the games in stand alone either. Off the the MAME emu forums. lol
Hey Malte. I'd like to say first and foremost that I love your plugin. I find it is by far the best rom manager and blows Advanced Launcher out of the water. I would like to make some requests for the next version, if possible. Being a programmer myself, I would -think- these are not difficult tweaks to make.

A) The 'Could not import 10 items warning':
This will actually continually pop up for every 10 items if you are re-scanning a list of roms already imported. For example, say -someone- had the entire USA playstation rom collection. This is approximately 13,000 files, which breaks down to around 6000 or so actual games with versions of Coolboarders 3 (USA), (USA Track 01), (Greatest Hits) and other variations on the theme. Your script is fantastic at only importing one of these titles per game, but the import takes approximately 20 hours. In theory, I would like to be able to run it for 8 hours, stop, come back another 8 hours later and continue. Doing so forces it to run through the roms it has already come across. When the first 10 items can't be imported, a warning comes up asking if I want to continue. Then the next 10. Then the next 10. This effectively means if the process is interrupted by anything, it becomes -impossible- to rescan a collection of roms without sitting there going 'yes' 'yes' 'yes' 'yes' for 10 hours.

Some possible solutions off the top of my head:
- Don't count the skipping due to the existence of a game as a failure to import
- Include a marker to indicate which file the process was stopped on, and ask on the next import whether you want to resume on that file or not?

B) Warnings during Import
If possible, could you try to have importing continue in the background? Returning to the example of the Playstation roms. Lets say someone leaves the import running over night and an error comes up saying 'Unable to import artwork'. From what I have observed, this stops the import until the user states that it is ok to proceed. When you wake up expecting the import to have finished, it is only 13% farther than when you went to sleep.

Some possible suggestions:
- Include a message time out on warnings so that they are automatically dismissed in 20 seconds.
- Have error messages simply come up at the end "Some problems were encountered, check import.log for details"
- Continue the read process behind the message box

C) Bug: Interface Lockup when rapidly switching consoles
This is one I've noticed when switching between consoles with large databases quickly. If I flick from my NES to my SNES collection before the NES has finished loading, I -surmise- the SNES encounters a read error since the file is still in use. No log entries occur in the log, but the interface hangs until I restart the computer or sometimes wrestle control back with Control + Alt + Delete.

D) Export/Import entire Database
This stems from the length of time it takes to import a database. I have about 8 rom collections of the magnitude mentioned above, and I -dread- having to reimport them all. It is literally over a hundred hours of importing thus far between NES, SNES, PSX, and the 166GB mame goodsets I still have -yet- to import makes me cringe. Please make some way to back up our files so that, in the event of a crash, we can rebuild our database without having to do all of this again.

Possible Suggestions for Speeding up import:

- Index only the file names at first. Have the service run in the background and scrape behind the scenes. This gives the user control of their system back much faster and -surely- we don't need to watch as every file in a massive collection is scraped. Gradually update the database with each name as it runs.

I have noticed in reading this thread you don't seem to have access to large collections of roms. I would be happy to beta test solutions for large rom files, should you need someone with a huge list to test on.

Thanks again for the hard work!
Hi I have RCB all setup on my ubuntu 11.10 htpc, however I've noticed that my final fantasy titles are not in order because of the roman numberals ex. IX is showing before VII and VIII. I've already altered the main.xml file to show only the fanart(no description covers etc), so I can alter xmls decently if I have to. I'd really like to change the order of my games even if I have to do it manually, has anyone had any luck with this? I've searched google with no luck trying to find an answer.

Thanks in advanced,
-David
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20