• 218(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
@bloodlust

Did you try the wiki? It should help you https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...lcome?tm=6

Also, Angelscry Advanced Launcher wiki is good for the commandline configs here http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Main_Page

And on Page 320 of this thread I have posted my RCB commandline/EMU configs that I have working on my machine here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1358022

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
altoiddealer Wrote:Yep! I definitely followed all the steps in the wiki article
Strange. It looks like the setting was not used. I tested this here several time and everything worked well for me. I have to add some more logging information at this part of the code and do some more testing.

@bloodlust:
In the wiki every single step of the config wizard is explained. Please let me know what step confuses you. If you still have problems with importing your games please show me your xbmc.log file and I can see if I find any errors in your config or bugs in RCB.

Atm, known issues with importing games are:
- importing games from smb:// locations does not always work
- importing games from directories with non-ascii characters (äöüé etc.) in the name will not work
(2013-03-20, 08:45)malte Wrote:
dohnalradek Wrote:Hi. I completely reinstall XBMC (now I've built it on Ubuntu 12.10). Install RBC and for the first time I run it without problem. Then I restart PC. But when I try to run RBC now, I get again only error message: "error: script failed! script.games.rom.collection.browser". Error message is a little bit different, but it till not work. I really dont know what can I do to work it ok.
Log file is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4933 - line 1164
There is still something weird with the pysqlite installation on your system. Where did you get this build? Is it the official stable build or are you using something special?

I uninstall RCB and service also and try to install it again (RCB from original XBMC repo and service from http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/ page). Still the same problem, unable to run it. Now also not for first time after install.

I run on minimal ubuntu 12.10 and XBMC 12.1 from oficial sources. But I looked to installed packages and i have: python; python2.7; python3; python3.2; sqlite3.

Log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6721
(2013-03-24, 12:39)malte Wrote:
altoiddealer Wrote:Yep! I definitely followed all the steps in the wiki article
Strange. It looks like the setting was not used. I tested this here several time and everything worked well for me. I have to add some more logging information at this part of the code and do some more testing.

Im on RCB 2.0 now, so maybe I'll try going up to 2.0.3 and see what happens
Hi,

I'm trying to add a NeoGeo collection, but when I trie to scrape the games it doesn't find allmost any of them. I think the problem is that the files have standard emulator names instead of game names. For example, if I search "Metal Slug" the rom file is named mslug.zip, so when it scraps the names it can't find them. How mus't I do this for correct scrapping??

Thanks and sorry for my poor english.
is there a way on xbmcunbuntu to play roms and scrape them if they are on my NAS i am trying to figure it out but i am not getting any traction
Newbie could use some help, I just discovered XMBC few days ago, having a blast with it, though I thought I figured out how to successfully add roms to the library and Launch games, was going well spent most of the weekend adding all my SNES/Genesis/Nes/N64 roms to the library. Everything worked great, then I noticed a few games didn't show up, so I changed the order of the scrapers in the "import game data" section and those missing games showed up. Then all of a sudden my entire library disappeared 1500+ games gone from the list and only 17 or so are showing up. I still have all the .NFO files in my rom's folders, can someone explain what I did wrong or what happened?
(2013-03-23, 12:13)malte Wrote: Yes. Did you get my response? Smile
As written in the PM I did not yet find out why it mixes up the artwork types. I will try to dig into this.

I just redid my entire config, and now the videos work in Confluence, still not in Aeon Nox, but that's not your fault Smile

But I did find something else, a typo, take a look.

https://www.sugarsync.com/piv/D6085304_75609697_671326

Cheers!
dohnalradek Wrote:I run on minimal ubuntu 12.10 and XBMC 12.1 from oficial sources. But I looked to installed packages and i have: python; python2.7; python3; python3.2; sqlite3.

Still the same error. No idea why this happens. Anybody else on Ubuntu experiencing this issue?
I have one test system running a full Ubuntu desktop with XBMC and I do not have this issue. But I don't have a XBMCbuntu system to test with.

altoiddealer Wrote:Im on RCB 2.0 now, so maybe I'll try going up to 2.0.3 and see what happens
I don't think anything has changed in this part of the code. But I will try to add some more debug info in the next release.

Guijar Wrote:I'm trying to add a NeoGeo collection, but when I trie to scrape the games it doesn't find allmost any of them. I think the problem is that the files have standard emulator names instead of game names. For example, if I search "Metal Slug" the rom file is named mslug.zip, so when it scraps the names it can't find them. How mus't I do this for correct scrapping??
Maybe you could add these games with the MAME scraper.

dazedwhiteboy Wrote:is there a way on xbmcunbuntu to play roms and scrape them if they are on my NAS i am trying to figure it out but i am not getting any traction
I am working on better smb integration right now. Not sure if it will fully work on XBMCbuntu. As a workaround you could add a local link to your NAS location and use this to configure RCB.

tombonator Wrote:Then all of a sudden my entire library disappeared 1500+ games gone from the list and only 17 or so are showing up. I still have all the .NFO files in my rom's folders, can someone explain what I did wrong or what happened?
The games will still be there. I guess you just set some filter settings that don't include the missing games? Also check if you accidently used the missing info filter.
I just use this to run origin and steam games. The new version closes xbmc down cleanly in solo mode which is great but doesn't restart xbmc once the game is closed. Anyway to fix the?. Many thanks!
Also, when I enter the rom collection browser it seems to go to an empty list view for a second before displaying the view I've chosen which at the mo is info wall. It's a small problem but slightly annoying to the look and feel of xbmc. Any ideas?
Hey malte, I am doing battle with Gamecube.

I got a ReDump ROM set that is .7z with a single .iso inside. Looks like RCB is having issues unzipping it to the tmp folder (I think). The .iso never makes it to the tmp folder... memory issues?? Tried deciphering the logs and it looks like it barks when trying to put the iso to the tmp folder. I posted the latest 2 logs. The last one was with RCB in DEBUG

Here are my logs
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
(2013-03-26, 13:46)malte Wrote:
dohnalradek Wrote:I run on minimal ubuntu 12.10 and XBMC 12.1 from oficial sources. But I looked to installed packages and i have: python; python2.7; python3; python3.2; sqlite3.

Still the same error. No idea why this happens. Anybody else on Ubuntu experiencing this issue?
I have one test system running a full Ubuntu desktop with XBMC and I do not have this issue. But I don't have a XBMCbuntu system to test with.

altoiddealer Wrote:Im on RCB 2.0 now, so maybe I'll try going up to 2.0.3 and see what happens
I don't think anything has changed in this part of the code. But I will try to add some more debug info in the next release.

Guijar Wrote:I'm trying to add a NeoGeo collection, but when I trie to scrape the games it doesn't find allmost any of them. I think the problem is that the files have standard emulator names instead of game names. For example, if I search "Metal Slug" the rom file is named mslug.zip, so when it scraps the names it can't find them. How mus't I do this for correct scrapping??
Maybe you could add these games with the MAME scraper.

dazedwhiteboy Wrote:is there a way on xbmcunbuntu to play roms and scrape them if they are on my NAS i am trying to figure it out but i am not getting any traction
I am working on better smb integration right now. Not sure if it will fully work on XBMCbuntu. As a workaround you could add a local link to your NAS location and use this to configure RCB.

tombonator Wrote:Then all of a sudden my entire library disappeared 1500+ games gone from the list and only 17 or so are showing up. I still have all the .NFO files in my rom's folders, can someone explain what I did wrong or what happened?
The games will still be there. I guess you just set some filter settings that don't include the missing games? Also check if you accidently used the missing info filter.

That was the case, thank you malte, keep up the great work
Hello all,

Any ideas why i cant change game platforms from the drop menu. All the games are visible just cant select one platform to view. I also find the drop menu to be a bit glitchy ie it keeps jumping up on me or it wont drop at all lol

running Frodo 12.1 and the latest Rom collection browser. Have tried reinstalling everything but didnt work

Thankyou
(2012-04-20, 06:55)malte Wrote: Adding Windows games should be quite easy:

- create a folder with shortcuts to your standalone games (e.g. lnk-files)
- use "Windows" as System
- select the path to your shortcuts, the file mask (e.g. *.lnk) and the folder to store the artwork
- thats all (RCB will just use "%ROM%" as emu cmd and leaves the emu params blank and directly launches the lnk file)

im having problems launching window based games.... i tried using this one and it did not launch the game... xbmc goes to windowed mode for a second and went back to full screen... nothing happened. =(
can someone point me to the right direction on how to do this. mucn appreciated... thanks a lot
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20