• 266(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hi,

is there a way of getting a command to run after the emulator has been quit?

The reason being I always have to turn my hi-fi amp down when playing games, as their sound is much louder than my replaygain'd music. So, I'd like to run a command before starting the emulator to change the windows sound level, and then another command to return the sound level to normal upon returning to XBMC. I'd been playing with pre-launch and post-launch commands, but had no luck, as I'd misunderstood post-launch to mean "after the emulator has quit" instead of "after launching the emulator".
(2014-01-19, 00:58)tranfa Wrote:
(2010-09-26, 15:45)spyvsspy Wrote: Hi,

here are the promised synopsis files for some old home systems and the arcade machine emulator mame, for those who are interested in. I converted them from some well known Game Databases. I noticed that in the header.

mame_rom_synopsis_for_xbmc_rcb_addon.zip - 2.4 Mb

c64_rom_synopsis_for_xbmc_rcb_addon.zip - 2.1 Mb

amiga_rom_synopsis_for_xbmc_rcb_addon.zip - 7.9 Mb

amiga_rom_synopsis_big_for_xbmc_rcb_addon.zip - 19.5 Mb

The associated parserConfig.xml for the synopsis files is included.
The large Amiga synopsis contains all extra data, like instructions, walkthroughs and other stuff, but it's quite big for the parser, so I have generate a smaller one, which contains a hint to a local uri to the extra content.

I tested the import of the files in RCB and all these consoles working well on my ubuntu system. If you interested in my config.xml for RCB here it is:
config.xml.zip - 3.1 Kb

In future I will try the new xml format. I'm curious about it and also of the new scraper functionality.

Have fun!

p.s. one question:
I have problem with Non-ASCII characters, e.g. with the game name, programmer or developer properties, with RCB. Some of C64 or Amiga contains French or german special chars. Reading descriptions with Non-ASCII chars are working well. Do you think you will support Non-ASCII strings, like Charsets ISO-8859-15, for the properties too?

Here are the error message I get, if the rcb parser tries to read a developer string like Brøderbund:
Code:
RCB_WARNING: Parser complains about: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf8' in position 106: ordinal not in range(128)
RCB_ERROR: unhandled Error in onAction: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf8' in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

Hi everyone, I'm looking to scrape my collection of C64 roms (pretty much similar to the Gamebase64 DB) withot having to rename all the files...

The attached (albeit quite old...) seems the right way, scraping offline with the Gamebase64 synopsis....but the links aren't working...

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

sorry to ask again....but does anyone has an idea of where to find a synopsis file for C64?

Thanks
Maleficium Wrote:Any chance to update the MobyGames scraper ? They changed their web to the old state again.
Yes, I saw it, just had no time to work on it. Maybe I could post some instructions how to revert to the old scraper in the meantime. Later on I will release a new version with working scraper again.

tranfa Wrote:Hi everyone, I'm looking to scrape my collection of C64 roms (pretty much similar to the Gamebase64 DB) withot having to rename all the files...

The attached (albeit quite old...) seems the right way, scraping offline with the Gamebase64 synopsis....but the links aren't working...

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the headsup. I hope I have the files somewhere offline available and could reupload them. Unfortunately googlecode does not provide uploading files at the projects site anymore. I will see if I can find another place.

ragedogg69 Wrote:So twice now I have had my collection disappear just by running the Add-On. I assume it gets corrupted somehow. The only way to get it back is to delete mygames.db and re import all my games. A quick search of the thread did not give me any similar posts.

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=112494

mygames.db: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sNfUk...sp=sharing

Any ideas?
Like Angelscry said, there is nothing I can do about it. I started a thread about this issue a while back but I never found a working solution. Sorry.

Daeymon Wrote:Hey Malte, you should check this thread out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2578612

We've got RCB working on Android and we love it!!!
Yeah, I have already noticed it here. Great job!

ventolin Wrote:Hi,

The reason being I always have to turn my hi-fi amp down when playing games, as their sound is much louder than my replaygain'd music. So, I'd like to run a command before starting the emulator to change the windows sound level, and then another command to return the sound level to normal upon returning to XBMC. I'd been playing with pre-launch and post-launch commands, but had no luck, as I'd misunderstood post-launch to mean "after the emulator has quit" instead of "after launching the emulator".
The only way you could do this in a more reliable way is to use solo mode and modify the applaunch.bat/sh script to get the job done.
(2014-01-27, 18:11)malte Wrote:
ventolin Wrote:Hi,

The only way you could do this in a more reliable way is to use solo mode and modify the applaunch.bat/sh script to get the job done.

I'm afraid using solo mode (having XBMC quit and then reopen afterwards) simply isn't an option, since XBMC takes upwards of a minute to load my skin and all widgets.

Looking here - https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...her.py#680 - the game launcher uses either `subprocess.Popen` or `os.system` to run the emulator.

In the case of calling `os.system()`, the execution of the python script is blocked until the emulator is quit. In the case of subprocess.Popen, we can simply use the `wait()` function to execute something after the subprocess has exited.

Unless I'm missing something, this functionality would be trivial to implement. I would do it myself, but I've no idea how to contribute to a google code project - am only familiar with github. If there is an easy way for me to contribute this, please let me know. Otherwise, please consider taking the time to implement it, as it would be hugely helpful.

Thanks.
I have tried everything I can before giving in and posting. I use rcb no problem in solo mode for various emulators, got pc games added as well, but there in lies the problems. I have no clue why but windows games won't run in solo mode, the best I can get is the game starting and xbmc immediately reopening. (It does close) What might be the cause of that? I use the vb script, because without it xbmx won't open (it says something about cannot create xbmc closing, something like that)

Ive tried the regular script, vb script, escape emulator cmd etc etc, xbmc always immediately restarts after opening a windows game. Any ideas?
Using nestopia/xbmc/win7 64bit when the program opens everything is fine for a few seconds then nestopia plays behind xbmc and I can't play a game. ANyone else have this problem or solution.
Thanks in advance
ventolin Wrote:Unless I'm missing something, this functionality would be trivial to implement. I would do it myself, but I've no idea how to contribute to a google code project - am only familiar with github. If there is an easy way for me to contribute this, please let me know. Otherwise, please consider taking the time to implement it, as it would be hugely helpful.
Yes, I guess this should be trivial. I will see when I will find the time to do it. There should be one release that fixes most of the bugs reported in the last weeks.

Submitting patches is not as easy in svn as in github. If you would like to contribute anything you could send it to my mail adress mentioned in the default.py file of the addon (the complete file(s) or just a diff that I could apply). If you would like to contribute on a (more or less) regular basis I could also grant you write access to the repository.

kyle007 Wrote:I have tried everything I can before giving in and posting. I use rcb no problem in solo mode for various emulators, got pc games added as well, but there in lies the problems. I have no clue why but windows games won't run in solo mode, the best I can get is the game starting and xbmc immediately reopening. (It does close) What might be the cause of that? I use the vb script, because without it xbmx won't open (it says something about cannot create xbmc closing, something like that)

Ive tried the regular script, vb script, escape emulator cmd etc etc, xbmc always immediately restarts after opening a windows game. Any ideas?
Does this happen for all of your games or just a few?

There are known issues with games that use additional launchers before the game itself starts. The solo mode scripts think that the game is already closed when the launcher closes and will restart XBMC. I would suggest to use autoit scripts to handle this issue.

A simple example of an autoit script could look like this:
Code:
ProcessClose ( "XBMC.exe" )
Run ( "D:\Games\MyGame\Launcher.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "Launcher.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "MyGame.exe" )
Run ( "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe")

If you have issues with games that don't use any launchers you could also just try to increase the delay in the solo mode scripts. Or you could also try to use autoit scripts. I use autoit scripts for all of my PC games (I only have a few).

daduber Wrote:Using nestopia/xbmc/win7 64bit when the program opens everything is fine for a few seconds then nestopia plays behind xbmc and I can't play a game. ANyone else have this problem or solution.
Thanks in advance
Did you try to modify the pre- and post-delay settings in RCB?
daduber Wrote:Using nestopia/xbmc/win7 64bit when the program opens everything is fine for a few seconds then nestopia plays behind xbmc and I can't play a game. ANyone else have this problem or solution.
Thanks in advance

' Wrote:Did you try to modify the pre- and post-delay settings in RCB?

I tried moving it to 2000 the highest and it stays up for a few more seconds then goes to background
Well, I successfully got it working, using autoit itself, but I don't know where I'd add it in rcb? I tried edit game command to point to my compiled autoit exe, is that wrong? Like once I have an autoit script, how would I go about using it in rcb? (Note, I've used autoit for pcsx2, it's not foreign to me, but I don't know how to invoke it for individual pc games)

edit: Just a note, if it helps, running the exe for my game didn't work with autoit, neither did using ShellExecute on the exe, I had to use ShellExecute on the .lnk for autoit to work properly.
What I do is place all the compiled exe's in one folder and treat them as Roms (ie named after the game they launch). Use explorer.exe as your emulator, *.exe files as Roms and point rcb to the folder with the autoit exe's. When you add a new exe to the folder update in rcb to add the game to rcb.

As for the exe not working it may have to do with the working directory - you may need to be in the directory the game is in before running the exe.
I posted a video of what it does. If I use alt and tab I can bring the game back to front window for a few seconds but then it goes behind xbmc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjBt6HwFFis

Thanks...
(2014-02-03, 18:41)daduber Wrote: I posted a video of what it does. If I use alt and tab I can bring the game back to front window for a few seconds but then it goes behind xbmc.

Thanks...

Have you tried using solo-mode? Or tried a different emulator? I like mednafen.
(2014-02-04, 02:11)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-02-03, 18:41)daduber Wrote: I posted a video of what it does. If I use alt and tab I can bring the game back to front window for a few seconds but then it goes behind xbmc.

Thanks...

Have you tried using solo-mode? Or tried a different emulator? I like mednafen.

Same thing happens when I check solo-mode in config. Ive tried mednafen and it takes longer to load and then does the same thing. Also I have 2 different computers with xbmc and they both do the same thing.
(2014-02-03, 00:14)teeedubb Wrote: What I do is place all the compiled exe's in one folder and treat them as Roms (ie named after the game they launch). Use explorer.exe as your emulator, *.exe files as Roms and point rcb to the folder with the autoit exe's. When you add a new exe to the folder update in rcb to add the game to rcb.

As for the exe not working it may have to do with the working directory - you may need to be in the directory the game is in before running the exe.

Perfect Smile I used FileChangeDir, first, to change the working directory, then used Run (without a path) since it was in the folder already, everything works great now.

edit: had a little mix up, XBMC wouldn't start again, (unable to create application error) so I added Unlocker to my user variables,made a batch file containing "Unlocker.exe "H:\Documents and Settings\Kyle\Application Data\XBMC\xbmc.log" -S -D" Which fixed my problem. Now XBMC doesn't automatically return the viewstate to RCB, but, small price to pay! I have my gamepad set for navigation anyways so, no big deal Smile
(2014-02-04, 16:21)daduber Wrote: Same thing happens when I check solo-mode in config. Ive tried mednafen and it takes longer to load and then does the same thing. Also I have 2 different computers with xbmc and they both do the same thing.

Strange.. Solo mode exits xbmc before running the emulator, so xbmc shouldn't be running. Are you using xbmclauncher? That has a option to bring xbmc back into focus, maybe you have that enabled?

(2014-02-04, 21:40)kyle007 Wrote: Perfect Smile I used FileChangeDir, first, to change the working directory, then used Run (without a path) since it was in the folder already, everything works great now.

edit: had a little mix up, XBMC wouldn't start again, (unable to create application error) so I added Unlocker to my user variables,made a batch file containing "Unlocker.exe "H:\Documents and Settings\Kyle\Application Data\XBMC\xbmc.log" -S -D" Which fixed my problem. Now XBMC doesn't automatically return the viewstate to RCB, but, small price to pay! I have my gamepad set for navigation anyways so, no big deal Smile
Enabling the vbs scripts in rcb options got rid of that error for the majority of my emulators, all except Mame for some strange reason. I've done something similar to you - the button on my remote that I use to close emulators also runs the unblocked command. I remember having a windows UAC popup when using unblocker, have you had that problem? If so how did you get around it? I'm using task scheduler.
  • 266(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20