• 271(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2014-03-22, 22:23)malte Wrote: New test version available: 2.0.13

List of changes:

Launch Games
  • fix issues when launching games on Android

With this release you should be able to launch games on Android devices without any manual changes to RCBs code files. For more info about setting up your emulators see this thread (skip the part about the code changes).

When you have issues launching games you should also make sure that you disable following options in RCB:
- Addon Settings -> Launch Games -> Minimize XBMC
- Edit Rom Collection -> Launch Games -> Use Emulator in solo mode

Note: this is still very experimental. You will need to edit your config.xml manually as it may be hard (or impossible) to enter the required emulator params via RCBs config dialogs.

Previous version: 2.0.12

Tried it last night and so far so good.... the only issue I saw was that my root command for mupen64 doesn't work anymore ( gets stuck when it tries to launch the second part of the command... when you have "&&" )

Other than that everything else is good to go.
EDIT SOLVED!: I found the answer here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131188
I swear I searched myself for a whole day before asking for help. Tried just now with different search terms, and found the thread above which worked. Now I just have to get it to play on the other screen Smile
-------------------

Hello! Firstly, thank you so much for this fantastic add-on! I feel like a god, bringing this up on the telly during a LAN and having people duke it out in classic Nintendo games, competing for prizes and ego!

Now, I have a small issue. I can't run ePCSXe roms with RCB. I searched for the last 24 hours, tried many things, and was unable to figure it out myself.

My setup: I am running default skins, XBMC v12 (Frodo), Windows 7 Home Premium.

What works:

- I run ePCSXe directly, go to File, Run ISO, choose my game, and run it. No problem.

- I go to XBMC, go to Programs, select RCB, choose a SNES game and run it. No problem.

- I go to Programs, Advanced Launcher, Default (not sure why I can't load launchers at this hierarchy level), Playstation 1 (what I named the emulator), crash_bandicoot (the game I am trialling this setup with), it works.

But, if I go to XBMC, go to Programs, select RCB, choose a Playstation game and run it. I get the ePCSXe program running (on the wrong screen, another thing I want to change), with a windows command prompt box behind it, the game will not load. If I then go File, Run ISO, and choose a game, it runs fine!

http://i.imgur.com/xuStaOR.jpg

Any pointers?

EDIT: if it helps any, I left it for ten minutes as the cursor was spinning in the "thinking" animation, but nothing changed. I can still go File, Run ISO, and choose the .bin file to run and play the game.
I am an utter noob. Have an RPI and want to use it for my Amiga and PS1 ROMS. Can you guys please point me to an idiots guide to getting my ROMs working? I have successfully imported the ROMs but nothing launches. I have been using retroarch as the emulator and no luck. Either that is wrong and/or the params are set wrong.

Can someone please explain how I can get this going?? Would be indebted forever! Thanks in advance guys!!

EDIT: If someone could recommend a PS1 and Amiga emulator and what argumant/ param to use for each I think I will be sorted - I can't find a thing on google that says 'download this' and 'type this'. Not easy being a noob....!
Hi, new issue, Scraping.

I had all but one of my ten games showing up with artwork and description (after three days of following guides and trying things myself).

I restarted xbmc, it has imported everything again (just the games), and lost half of the artwork/descs. The files are still there, but RCB can't see them.

How are we supposed to lay out the files and folders? What settings are we supposed to use for scraping? I don't want already updated files, that have their info and artwork displaying, to be messed with. Every time I touch one game, five others lose their shit! lol
IncognitoMan Wrote:Tried it last night and so far so good.... the only issue I saw was that my root command for mupen64 doesn't work anymore ( gets stuck when it tries to launch the second part of the command... when you have "&&" )
Great. Thanks for testing. I guess the "&&" could be a general issue, not related to the new release. Or did it work before?

I just started to work on some autoconfig support. First example file can be viewed here. Still work in progress and not yet decided how to move on with Windows and Linux support. But I guess the Android part should be ready soon. Feel free to add any suggestions.

Kasser Wrote:I am an utter noob. Have an RPI and want to use it for my Amiga and PS1 ROMS. Can you guys please point me to an idiots guide to getting my ROMs working? I have successfully imported the ROMs but nothing launches. I have been using retroarch as the emulator and no luck. Either that is wrong and/or the params are set wrong.

Can someone please explain how I can get this going?? Would be indebted forever! Thanks in advance guys!!

EDIT: If someone could recommend a PS1 and Amiga emulator and what argumant/ param to use for each I think I will be sorted - I can't find a thing on google that says 'download this' and 'type this'. Not easy being a noob....!
In this post I collected some links to possible RPI solutions: link. Until now I did not test any of this myself.

A good collection of emulator setups and config tipps can be found here.

mcdeviant Wrote:Hi, new issue, Scraping.

I had all but one of my ten games showing up with artwork and description (after three days of following guides and trying things myself).

I restarted xbmc, it has imported everything again (just the games), and lost half of the artwork/descs. The files are still there, but RCB can't see them.

How are we supposed to lay out the files and folders? What settings are we supposed to use for scraping? I don't want already updated files, that have their info and artwork displaying, to be messed with. Every time I touch one game, five others lose their shit! lol
Usually it should not rescrape anything just because you restart XBMC. Are you using removable devices to store your config/games/artwork?

You should disable "Rescrape already imported games" in Addon settings. This should keep your already scraped games save from any modifications.

If you are completely done with one collection you could also activate "Ignore on scan" for this collection in Edit Rom Collection dialog. This way the complete collection should not be touched during scraping.
Thanks for your help. I have followed all instructions I can find but still can't get ps1 roms to launch.

In summary I have retroarch and point the emulator out as retroarch.sh. For the param I used -f-L/lib/libretro/libretro-pcsx_rearmed.so (I got from your links - thanks)

When I try to launch a rom still the screen goes small (and to top left corner), blank screen then back to the list of roms.

If someone could just tell me how I point out the emulator and the set up i'd really appreciate it - I tried to follow the info in the links best I could.

It's been 3 weeks and I really think it's time to throw in the towel soon.

EDIT: I see the set up part now to get it working; it is way beyond my capabilities! The part where he says 'go into .xmbc/add-ons etc and change...... i can't even do that!!

F**ck it, will stick to using it for movies until some genius can come up with a easy method to get the emulators going for noobs like me. Damn shame would have loved it!!
(2014-03-28, 17:09)malte Wrote: Usually it should not rescrape anything just because you restart XBMC. Are you using removable devices to store your config/games/artwork?

You should disable "Rescrape already imported games" in Addon settings. This should keep your already scraped games save from any modifications.

If you are completely done with one collection you could also activate "Ignore on scan" for this collection in Edit Rom Collection dialog. This way the complete collection should not be touched during scraping.

Thanks Malte, I realised I worded it wrongly- it is doing an IMPORT on every startup. And lately, it always needs assistance to detect Sonic the Hedgehog even though it has detected that correctly many times before.
So it appears that only a few skins currently show the ROM collections correctly?

The reason I ask is because i just browsed through a few skins last night (to change up things a little bit) .. settled on Aeon MQ5 ... just on a whim I went to check the ROM section and noticed that nothing ... showed up ... changed the skin to confluence and everything is there as it should be ...

Is there a way to manually modify the skins settings or anything? which values need tweaking, etc? i'm using 2.0.10
Kasser Wrote:I see the set up part now to get it working; it is way beyond my capabilities! The part where he says 'go into .xmbc/add-ons etc and change...... i can't even do that!!
F**ck it, will stick to using it for movies until some genius can come up with a easy method to get the emulators going for noobs like me. Damn shame would have loved it!!
Maybe not the best thing to start with as a newbie. As I said I did not try this myself but the Pi is already sitting on my desk waiting to be tested. But I am also no Linux expert so I may fail as well. I will see how it goes.

Kasser Wrote:Thanks Malte, I realised I worded it wrongly- it is doing an IMPORT on every startup. And lately, it always needs assistance to detect Sonic the Hedgehog even though it has detected that correctly many times before.
Sounds like you have Import games on XBMC startup enabled?

mcdeviant Wrote:So it appears that only a few skins currently show the ROM collections correctly?

The reason I ask is because i just browsed through a few skins last night (to change up things a little bit) .. settled on Aeon MQ5 ... just on a whim I went to check the ROM section and noticed that nothing ... showed up ... changed the skin to confluence and everything is there as it should be ...

Is there a way to manually modify the skins settings or anything? which values need tweaking, etc? i'm using 2.0.10
There are some skins that come with their own RCB skin files. Afaik this are all latest skins from MarcosQui (Aeon MQ 3, 4, 5 and Ace), Aeon Nox and Arctic. And I guess some older skins from mcborzu but I am not sure if he is still around.

When you launch RCB in one of these skins, XBMC will automatically use the files that come with the skin and not RCBs own skin files. It may happen that there are incompatibilities between one of these skins and RCBs current version. On my system I can run RCB with Aeon MQ5. Could you show me a log file after this error occurs on your system? I can check if it is something that I have to fix in RCB or if it is a skin issue.
I dont really get any errors, but I can definately post a log.

Which log specifically do i need to post?
Hello.

I have two hard drives, one SSD © and one normal HDD (E). I want to put my ROMs onto the E drive as its a bigger hard drive, however when it go to 'Edit Rom Collection' in the program to point it to E: , it only displays the C: drive and Fusion Installer Confused Any advice? Blush
(2014-03-31, 01:11)robertybob Wrote: Hello.

I have two hard drives, one SSD © and one normal HDD (E). I want to put my ROMs onto the E drive as its a bigger hard drive, however when it go to 'Edit Rom Collection' in the program to point it to E: , it only displays the C: drive and Fusion Installer Confused Any advice? Blush

Add e: as a source in the xbmc file manager.
Scraping/Artwork problems- I have redone all my folders with files exactly according to the guide and the wizards for where to place each type of artwork, and yet every time XBMC loads, different games will show or not show their artwork/desc. Should I disable updating for the collections? And import on XBMC start? I have put artwork for each game into the respective folders manually, name exactly the same as the game, exactly the same as listed on thegamesdb.net. and set the scrapers to use local artwork for this scrape, then clicked the button ("Import"), yet it still finds some and not others.

What am I doing wrong here? Sad
dustinarden Wrote:I dont really get any errors, but I can definately post a log.

Which log specifically do i need to post?
xbmc.log would be good. See the FAQ if you are not sure how to proceed.

dustinarden Wrote:Scraping/Artwork problems- I have redone all my folders with files exactly according to the guide and the wizards for where to place each type of artwork, and yet every time XBMC loads, different games will show or not show their artwork/desc. Should I disable updating for the collections? And import on XBMC start? I have put artwork for each game into the respective folders manually, name exactly the same as the game, exactly the same as listed on thegamesdb.net. and set the scrapers to use local artwork for this scrape, then clicked the button ("Import"), yet it still finds some and not others.

What am I doing wrong here?
Looks like you have several issues and we should address them one by one.

1. If it imports games on XBMC startup and you don't like this behaviour you should disable "Import games on XBMC startup" in Addon settings.
2. If you have issues with scraping games (e.g. games are not imported although they are present on the scraped site), please show me a log after you scraped the games and give me some examples which games have not been scraped correctly. Maybe I find some errors in the log that help us to solve the issue.
3. If you have the issue that some games are missing artwork/desc occasionally this might be more difficult to solve. What input device are you using? Keyboard, mouse, gamepad? Does it happen with other input devices too? Maybe you could also show me an xbmc.log after navigating around. Maybe an error occurs while browsing the games and that is why some of them don't show up.
(2014-03-28, 17:09)malte Wrote:
IncognitoMan Wrote:Tried it last night and so far so good.... the only issue I saw was that my root command for mupen64 doesn't work anymore ( gets stuck when it tries to launch the second part of the command... when you have "&&" )
Great. Thanks for testing. I guess the "&&" could be a general issue, not related to the new release. Or did it work before?

I just started to work on some autoconfig support. First example file can be viewed here. Still work in progress and not yet decided how to move on with Windows and Linux support. But I guess the Android part should be ready soon. Feel free to add any suggestions.

Looks good to me... I think the only emulator that would be an issue is RetroArch because of the IME flag but maybe we can exclude that extra ( in hopes that since its not declared it will just use whatever IME is system default )

Would this config be able to be externally loaded in the sense of being able to point to it? For example it could be on the root of sdcard and you could tell RCB to read it there or where ever you may put it? Just asking since emulators do change little by little sometimes and args change too with those changes...

I need to adjust some of the arguments ( some emulators updated and changed their loading a little ) and I'll try to check out and make sure that all emulators are updated and listed.
  • 271(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20