• 289(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Not sure what the deal is, after setting up all my rom paths I hit import and it immediately goes to a screen with a controller in the upper right. no scraping progress bar or anything.

ideas?

LOG:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=288774
Hi everyone! I'm having an issue with RCB when I go to import Playstation games I find that all the ISO's that have .sub extension in the ROM folder always re-import when I import new games, even though they already have nfo's and have been scraped numerous times. I tried adding a *.sub to the ROM File Mask, Saved Config and it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Can anyone tell me what's causing this? It's really annoying that, whenever I go to import a new game, it constantly scrapes games I've already got data for.
(2014-09-08, 17:52)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Not sure what the deal is, after setting up all my rom paths I hit import and it immediately goes to a screen with a controller in the upper right. no scraping progress bar or anything.

ideas?

LOG:

Does anyone really keep up with this thread? I really would like to get this working asap =(
(2014-09-09, 19:57)Zacharybinx34 Wrote:
(2014-09-08, 17:52)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Not sure what the deal is, after setting up all my rom paths I hit import and it immediately goes to a screen with a controller in the upper right. no scraping progress bar or anything.

ideas?

LOG:

Does anyone really keep up with this thread? I really would like to get this working asap =(
I am still around and keep an eye on this thread. But atm I don't have the time to answer as frequently as needed. I will try look into the recent issues soon.
(2014-09-10, 11:17)malte Wrote:

ideas?

LOG:

I am still around and keep an eye on this thread. But atm I don't have the time to answer as frequently as needed. I will try look into the recent issues soon.

Awesome, sounds good.

I just built a media center and have everything just about set up, this is one of my final "To Do's" on the list, so I really appreciate your work. This Add On will be great!

Thanks!
(2014-09-10, 11:17)malte Wrote:

ideas?

LOG:

Thanks Malte. All your hard work is appreciated. Hoping to get some resolution to my issue soon.
(2012-09-18, 02:25)Maleficium Wrote: Hi malte,

I noticed a strange thing with the "Export game database (nfo files)" function. Some of the nfo files exported don't have the Plot information even for the games that display it correctly in RCB. Thats some kind of configuration in XBMC language section or some other problem with RCB ?

Hi All,

I saw this post of two years ago and for me (today) the issue is still valid. At the following link https://copy.com/i9YJ3nRmVsSQ you can find a .nfo file that has been exported. Please, take a look to it to understand better.

Any idea how to solve it?

Cheers,

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Maybe it,s just me but after using this program today for the first time it seems horribly buggy and completely counter intuitive...I thought it was going to be amazing but it seems it will take a whole lot of time and research to even get it to be semi fun...I finally managed to get my nes roms scraped in and they work.... it did download the art but the problem I have is that the 3 viewtypes that come with rcb are bland and lifeless.... to top that off I have some random texts in the middle of the screen on every viewtype that do not belong there.....genre, year, and some others just floating in the middle of the screen for unknown reasons...perhaps this is not compatible with gotham idk but what I do know is this will not work for me...

I read in the faq about how the aeon skins are compatible but have no clue how to get them to work with rcb...I might keep after rcb and see if I can get it to look like others have done that I saw on youtube but I am so frustrated with this app for now I need to put it to rest for a few days...it has potential but seems the devs dont much care about fluidity or intuitive easy to use interface for rcb...back to advanced launcher for now...
(2014-09-11, 08:43)ibleedspeed Wrote: Maybe it,s just me but after using this program today for the first time it seems horribly buggy and completely counter intuitive...I thought it was going to be amazing but it seems it will take a whole lot of time and research to even get it to be semi fun...I finally managed to get my nes roms scraped in and they work.... it did download the art but the problem I have is that the 3 viewtypes that come with rcb are bland and lifeless.... to top that off I have some random texts in the middle of the screen on every viewtype that do not belong there.....genre, year, and some others just floating in the middle of the screen for unknown reasons...perhaps this is not compatible with gotham idk but what I do know is this will not work for me...

I read in the faq about how the aeon skins are compatible but have no clue how to get them to work with rcb...I might keep after rcb and see if I can get it to look like others have done that I saw on youtube but I am so frustrated with this app for now I need to put it to rest for a few days...it has potential but seems the devs dont much care about fluidity or intuitive easy to use interface for rcb...back to advanced launcher for now...

Skins have always been a sticking point with RCB, that's true. Unlike some other addons, it doesn't use the skin's regular view modes and therefore has to have them coded especially for it. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is.

I believe the floating text issue is due to the default RCB skin being coded for 720p. If you are using a skin coded for 1080p, then the alignment is off.

Aeon MQ5 and Aeon Nox 4 both have RCB skins built in. The latest version of Aeon Nox 5, does not. If a skin has built in support it should work without any other settings needed.
(2014-09-10, 18:49)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 02:25)Maleficium Wrote: Hi malte,

I noticed a strange thing with the "Export game database (nfo files)" function. Some of the nfo files exported don't have the Plot information even for the games that display it correctly in RCB. Thats some kind of configuration in XBMC language section or some other problem with RCB ?

Hi All,

I saw this post of two years ago and for me (today) the issue is still valid. At the following link https://copy.com/i9YJ3nRmVsSQ you can find a .nfo file that has been exported. Please, take a look to it to understand better.

Any idea how to solve it?

Cheers,

Alex

Sorry to quote myself! Wink

I discovered that the issue is related when parsing the game infos from one site (I don't remember which one right now...I'm on a different PC), while changing the parser (i.e. reference game internet site), the info file is correctly generated.

So my final (I hope) question: how can I import back to RCB the info files? I'm asking it just because I change manually the game description from english to italian but I'm not able to load in RCB the updated info file.

Can someone help me?

Have a nice weekend,

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2014-09-12, 22:27)axlt2002 Wrote: So my final (I hope) question: how can I import back to RCB the info files? I'm asking it just because I change manually the game description from english to italian but I'm not able to load in RCB the updated info file.

Hi malte,

So I have played a little bit with export and import of nfo files. What I have noticed seems to be quite strange: when I change the description of the game quite drastically (i.e. completely from english to italian), the edited nfo file is not imported back into the RCB (using the LOCAL NFO scraper); when I edit it partially (i.e. change just few words in the description), it is imported back correctly and the changes are in fact displayed on the screen.

Does the LOCAL NFO parser (or something else) make some check on the nfo file dimension when importing it back?

Please let me know...I'm quite confused! Undecided
hi guys,

the last 5 days, i keep fighting with the same problem: NO SOUND.

i have tried everything.

i'm using the following setup:

Operating system: Openelec 4.0.7
Rom Collection Browser: 2.0.17
Retroarch addon: 4.1.0

when i start a game is going wel. until the point it should play the sound.
the game runs perfectly but without sound.

i have edited the retroarch config for the audio device. ( i'm using my HDMI cable for video and sound. )

This is my output on putty for the devices:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

so i edited the config file from retroarch to:

#### Audio

# Enable audio.
# audio_enable = true

# Audio output samplerate.
# audio_out_rate = 48000

# Audio resampler backend. Which audio resampler to use.
# Default will use "sinc".
# audio_resampler =

# Audio driver backend. Depending on configuration possible candidates are: alsa, pulse, oss, jack, rsound, roar, openal, sdl, xaudio.
# audio_driver =alsa

# Override the default audio device the audio_driver uses. This is driver dependant. E.g. ALSA wants a PCM device, OSS wants a path (e.g. /dev/dsp), Jack wants portnames (e.g. system:playback1,system:playback_2), and so on ...
# audio_device =0.3

# Audio DSP plugin that processes audio before it's sent to the driver. Path to a dynamic library.
# audio_dsp_plugin =

# Will sync (block) on audio. Recommended.
# audio_sync = true

if someone can help me out, i wil me gratefull.

i just wanna play the game Smile

Thanx in advanced.
Hi

I can't find the option to add Final Burn Alpha(FBA) games.

I am using the the android and the Mac OS build.

thanks
Hi guys!

I'm unable to properly import a standalone game (SuperTuxKart) under (Ed)Ubuntu 14.04.

How could I create a shortcut to launch it under RCB?

I've tried use the .desktop file but it fails... Sad
(2014-09-15, 21:27)marcel19 Wrote: hi guys,

the last 5 days, i keep fighting with the same problem: NO SOUND.

i have tried everything.

i'm using the following setup:

Operating system: Openelec 4.0.7
Rom Collection Browser: 2.0.17
Retroarch addon: 4.1.0

when i start a game is going wel. until the point it should play the sound.
the game runs perfectly but without sound.

i have edited the retroarch config for the audio device. ( i'm using my HDMI cable for video and sound. )

This is my output on putty for the devices:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

so i edited the config file from retroarch to:

#### Audio

# Enable audio.
# audio_enable = true

# Audio output samplerate.
# audio_out_rate = 48000

# Audio resampler backend. Which audio resampler to use.
# Default will use "sinc".
# audio_resampler =

# Audio driver backend. Depending on configuration possible candidates are: alsa, pulse, oss, jack, rsound, roar, openal, sdl, xaudio.
# audio_driver =alsa

# Override the default audio device the audio_driver uses. This is driver dependant. E.g. ALSA wants a PCM device, OSS wants a path (e.g. /dev/dsp), Jack wants portnames (e.g. system:playback1,system:playback_2), and so on ...
# audio_device =0.3

# Audio DSP plugin that processes audio before it's sent to the driver. Path to a dynamic library.
# audio_dsp_plugin =

# Will sync (block) on audio. Recommended.
# audio_sync = true

if someone can help me out, i wil me gratefull.

i just wanna play the game Smile

Thanx in advanced.
I think you need to quit XBMC firsts and create and a sound file to point to the default audio device. I think retroqrch quits XBMC, so do you have a a sound file?

(2014-09-17, 11:18)M3m3nt0 Wrote: Hi guys!

I'm unable to properly import a standalone game (SuperTuxKart) under (Ed)Ubuntu 14.04.

How could I create a shortcut to launch it under RCB?

I've tried use the .desktop file but it fails... Sad

You will probably need to make a script to launch the game, and use the script as the ROM and bash as the emulator.
  • 289(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20