• 136(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Thanks for the quick help. I will try this tonight. I will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Grave
Hello Malte,

Using a combination of tricks and skins, I'm now testing the scraping functionalities of RCB. And I think I have found a bug, or I'm doing something wrong.

The collection of games I'm importing contains 781 games. I used the confluence skin to check the counter and noticed not all of them were imported. So I did some rescraping using the techniques you explained. after rescraping, all the 781 nfo files were created. YES, a first step. still not all games were in the list in XBMC.
So then I completely removed the collection and recreated them using all offline content. I had my box scans and art on my HD, and RCB created 781 nfo files. After a complete new creation and import of the offline content, all games were in the DB in xbmc. Great ... But now I see that the actual content of the nfo files is not there. No description, no pub, no dev, no year ... Could this be a bug, or am I missing something? I tested this in Confluence and MQ3.

Sorry if I'm being stupid here, but just wanted to let you know. I'll try and test some more and keep you posted.

EDIT : forget it, I have my description files in another dir than the games dir, so I will retest tomorrow. Sorry about this ....

Cheers,
Grave
I spent a few minutes working on the offline mame scraping, just trying to get one of the games to show up that was not being added. I'm not sure how to go about finding the CRC based on what you said... was the idea to put the wrong CRC in the mame.txt file, then go check what was in the log to see what it came up with, then correcting it in the mame.txt file?

I did notice that on one of the files I tried to add (the game is listed in the .txt but no nfo was created) it was still having problems, I checked the log and there an error on an & in the <plot> section under Consoles: I removed the & and it was able to pick it up with the local.nfo scrapper.

I saw somewhere else in another nfo file =&gt; meaning that I guess the parser normalized a > from mame.txt file to the .nfo... does the scrapper also need to escape & into something else?

I also am getting an error that is repeatable. I was trying to see if I could change the local scrapper to search on the game name: field rather than CRC (can you do this? ). The steps for me were:

1. Open rom collection browser
2. Context menu
3. Edit offline scrappers
4. Save config
5. Context menu
6. Import Games
.... The menu items for selecting any options are missing.

Here is a paste bin of that sequence: http://pastebin.com/mgAgBLaS

I have also at times come across moments when in the sort window, blocks of options were missing as well. I'm not sure how to reproduce that one though.

All these are fixed by just quitting to XBMC main menu and restarting again.

I have not tried the new version yet, so this is on the 1.0 downloadable from the eden programs repository.
Thanks for testing and reporting. I made some more tests on my own and found some inconsistencies between the desc file and the parser (or the crc values). I am going to change the matching inside the file to use the zip filenames instead of crc values. This increased the number of matches in my tests from 52/108 to 98/108 (just testing with a little number of games). I hope to release the new version of the files today or tomorrow.

I also could reproduce the bug with the missing options. Will see how to fix that.
Quote:This has to be done by the skin makers of jx720 or somebody else who is willing to take the task.
that would be tough and for xbmc4xbox would be less ram consuming
Hey Malte,

I informed Marcos Qui about the new features in RCB by creating a bug report on his google code site.
Just to keep you informed.

Take care,
Grave
malte Wrote:I made some more tests on my own and found some inconsistencies between the desc file and the parser (or the crc values). I am going to change the matching inside the file to use the zip filenames instead of crc values. This increased the number of matches in my tests from 52/108 to 98/108 (just testing with a little number of games). I hope to release the new version of the files today or tomorrow.

Just uploaded a new version of the MAME description and parser files: link.

It requires one little change to the configuration to work with these new files: Set "Use filename as crc" to True in Edit Offline Scrapers dialog.
Got a chance to try this out and it did a much, much better job of getting all the games in to RCB. Thanks much!
I can't figure out how to attempt to scrape are for the roms that do not already have all the art. It seems like when I run import games, it attempts to get art and info for every game even though I already have all the art and info for most of them.

Does anyone know how to do this??
rickyk586 Wrote:I can't figure out how to attempt to scrape are for the roms that do not already have all the art. It seems like when I run import games, it attempts to get art and info for every game even though I already have all the art and info for most of them.

Does anyone know how to do this??
It always checks for info and artwork during scraping. But it does not download art if you already have this type of art.
malte Wrote:..
Note to Aeon MQ3 users: The new context menu option is not yet available in Aeon MQ3. To export your nfo files switch to Confluence skin, export your nfo files and switch back to Aeon MQ3 skin. (I have to inform MarcosQui on these changes but this has to wait until the new RCB release is ready for the repo).

Hi malte, I'll fix it in Aeon MQ 3 version 1.2.3.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
MarcosQui Wrote:Hi malte, I'll fix it in Aeon MQ 3 version 1.2.3.
Great. I am also done with my changes and can release to the repo soon. I will send you the details (not much to do on your side).
I am just trying to get this running in Solo Mode and have made the applaunch.sh executable but when I launch a rom it simply restarts xbmc and loads back into RCB.

Can someone just run through the process of making applaunch.sh executable just to ensure I have done it correctly (I used chmod etc)

I am on the latest Dharma release.

Thanks
benholtby Wrote:I am just trying to get this running in Solo Mode and have made the applaunch.sh executable but when I launch a rom it simply restarts xbmc and loads back into RCB.

Can someone just run through the process of making applaunch.sh executable just to ensure I have done it correctly (I used chmod etc)

I am on the latest Dharma release.
I guess "chmod a+x filename" should do it. You could upload an xbmc.log after you tried to launch a game. Then I could see what causes the error.
New version available: 0.9.9

This version just contains some small bug fixes and refactorings that are required for Eden repo or future development. Note: As Eden is close to be released as stable version (so I guess) I removed all code that was used to keep Camelot (not Dharma!) compatibility. So if anyone is still using this old XBMC release, please update. Its timeSmile

List of changes:

General:
  • refactoring: move config wizard to separate module
  • refactoring: remove Camelot compatibility code
  • bugfix: remove and add Rom Collection in one turn caused errors

Import Games:
  • bugfix: import dialog is empty after "Edit offline scraper"

Launch Games:
  • bugfix: don't launch emulator if 7z file could not be extracted

Previous version: 0.9.8
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help