• 145(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Love this add-on. I just have a few, I hope minor, feature requests.

1. Please add an option to clean remove a system configuration from the database, without deleting the game files. I currently only have two options showing, delete games, and delete games and configuration.

2. If someone is using a No-Intro naming convention, they can end up with several versions of the same game. For instance:

Code:
Final Fantasy III (USA) (Beta).zip
Final Fantasy III (USA) (Rev 1).zip
Final Fantasy III (USA).zip

When using the automatic:accurate scraping option, it automatically matches the first file, and ignores the next two similarly named files. So, in this case, the (Beta) file becomes the file called from the RCB launcher. Could you please add a little bit of intelligence to the scraping, so that if there are similarly named files, a priority is given to some keywords within the parenthesis? Maybe by popping up a window asking the user to pick which file they want to use for that game association. Possibly predicated on a toggle in the configuration?

3. Lastly, for optical media, there are often different discs, or files, associated with the same game. Could there be some intelligence added to the automatic scraper to handle separate discs showing in the RCB list?

Code:
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 1) (v1.0).cue
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 1) (v1.1).cue
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 2) (v1.0).cue
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 2) (v1.1).cue
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 3) (v1.0).cue
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 3) (v1.1).cue
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 4) (v1.0).cue
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 4) (v1.1).cue

Thank you for your work on creating this outstanding add-on.
Wanted to start off by saying Thank You to everyone who put in the time to support such a wonderful addition to XBMC. I have been scouring this thread and the wiki for the better part of 2 days now trying figure out how to get my fan art to show up when I view a selected ROM. I am not the most technically saavy individual, so if someone could point me to a semi-detailed explanation I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
(2012-03-27, 19:07)MovieBird Wrote: Love this add-on. I just have a few, I hope minor, feature requests.

2. If someone is using a No-Intro naming convention, they can end up with several versions of the same game. For instance:

Code:
Final Fantasy III (USA) (Beta).zip
Final Fantasy III (USA) (Rev 1).zip
Final Fantasy III (USA).zip

When using the automatic:accurate scraping option, it automatically matches the first file, and ignores the next two similarly named files. So, in this case, the (Beta) file becomes the file called from the RCB launcher. Could you please add a little bit of intelligence to the scraping, so that if there are similarly named files, a priority is given to some keywords within the parenthesis? Maybe by popping up a window asking the user to pick which file they want to use for that game association. Possibly predicated on a toggle in the configuration?

Or you could go to the hyperspin website, download a dat file for your specific console and create a nice, clean collection of games based on the no-intro sets without doubles? Just a suggestion ;-) : hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com

(2012-03-28, 00:47)MasterYensid Wrote: Wanted to start off by saying Thank You to everyone who put in the time to support such a wonderful addition to XBMC. I have been scouring this thread and the wiki for the better part of 2 days now trying figure out how to get my fan art to show up when I view a selected ROM. I am not the most technically saavy individual, so if someone could point me to a semi-detailed explanation I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Don't you just need to edit your collection (press 'c' on the keyboard) and add your fanart link to it by adding another artform? Yoou can do this on the second 'tab' (don't have XBMC with me at the moment) ...
(2012-03-28, 15:58)st graveyard Wrote: Or you could go to the hyperspin website, download a dat file for your specific console and create a nice, clean collection of games based on the no-intro sets without doubles? Just a suggestion ;-) : hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com

That is an option, and one I was not aware of, thanks. However, I notice that hyperspin doesn't have DATs for all common systems. For instance, the Playstation is 'pending' and there is no NDS.

Additionally, I'd prefer to stick to official DATs from No-Intro; but that's predicated on malte being kind enough to add even more functionality to his add-on.
(2012-03-28, 00:47)MasterYensid Wrote: Wanted to start off by saying Thank You to everyone who put in the time to support such a wonderful addition to XBMC. I have been scouring this thread and the wiki for the better part of 2 days now trying figure out how to get my fan art to show up when I view a selected ROM. I am not the most technically saavy individual, so if someone could point me to a semi-detailed explanation I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Don't you just need to edit your collection (press 'c' on the keyboard) and add your fanart link to it by adding another artform? Yoou can do this on the second 'tab' (don't have XBMC with me at the moment) ...
[/quote]

Figured out the way last night that I think you are referring to. Changed the folder location in "edit your roms" to a different one and that sort of worked, but new problem is that only some of my games will show the correctly updated fan art. Can't figure out how to get the games to refresh even if I delete them and re-add it.

thebearnecessit Wrote:How to i get RCB to show my new jpg's instead of the ones it has cached? When xbmc uses cached files, surely it has to check back with the original files now and again? If I just wait a couple days then maybe xbmc.rcb will pick up my new jpg's?
As explained before. This is the only way I know of. I guess XBMC will check from time to time but I have no idea how this works. Maybe you search again in the general area of this forum. I am sure that this is a quite common issue for other users, too.

But: You deleted all the files and your XBMC artwork was lost and RCBs artwork is still present? I was sure XBMC caches the addons artwork at the same place with its own.

MovieBird Wrote:1. Please add an option to clean remove a system configuration from the database, without deleting the game files. I currently only have two options showing, delete games, and delete games and configuration.
I guess this will not be possible. There is no configuration data stored in database, only in config.xml and settings.xml. But in config.xml you have a Rom Collection id that is used as reference when adding games. So, when you delete a configuration and add a new Rom Collection, you will not be sure that it will get the same id as before.

I could add something like a "clean config" option that resets all config values of one rom collection. But I don't see a sense in this feature. If you leave your games in db you will at least need to keep the rom path and all artwork paths. Otherwise it will not match together anymore. And you can change and edit everything via "Edit Rom Collection" dialog. So, what is the benefit of this feature?

MovieBird Wrote:2. When using the automatic:accurate scraping option, it automatically matches the first file, and ignores the next two similarly named files. So, in this case, the (Beta) file becomes the file called from the RCB launcher. Could you please add a little bit of intelligence to the scraping, so that if there are similarly named files, a priority is given to some keywords within the parenthesis? Maybe by popping up a window asking the user to pick which file they want to use for that game association. Possibly predicated on a toggle in the configuration?
I can try to do. But it will be quite difficult. Especially together with your next request. I have to find good ways to let the user tell RCB how his/her games are named (e.g. differentiate between tags that should lead to new entries (Beta) and tags that are used as disk separators (Disc 1)).

MovieBird Wrote:3. Lastly, for optical media, there are often different discs, or files, associated with the same game. Could there be some intelligence added to the automatic scraper to handle separate discs showing in the RCB list?
This feature was requested several times and I will add it for sure. Just waiting for the next big bang update of the complete scraping and importing process. But I hope this will happen soon.

BTW: What do you expect RCB to do with entries like:
Code:
You have two game entries like:
Code:
Final Fantasy IX (v1.0)
Final Fantasy IX (v1.1)
and both with several disks?

MasterYensid Wrote:Figured out the way last night that I think you are referring to. Changed the folder location in "edit your roms" to a different one and that sort of worked, but new problem is that only some of my games will show the correctly updated fan art. Can't figure out how to get the games to refresh even if I delete them and re-add it.

Did you change an existing artwork path or did you add a new one? Best way would be to add a new path. Otherwise you will mess up your different artwork types and RCB does not know what it should display.

Thank you for being willing to look into this.

(2012-03-29, 08:03)malte Wrote: I can try to do. But it will be quite difficult. Especially together with your next request. I have to find good ways to let the user tell RCB how his/her games are named (e.g. differentiate between tags that should lead to new entries (Beta) and tags that are used as disk separators (Disc 1)).

What I envision, is something akin to the Accurate:Interactive option. I think RCB could use a regular expression to match everything that is not enclosed in ()s or []s in a ROM name. If there are several ROMs with the same name, then a window would pop up asking the user to select which ROM they want to associate with the online database name.

(2012-03-29, 08:03)malte Wrote: BTW: What do you expect RCB to do with entries like:
Code:
You have two game entries like:
Code:
Final Fantasy IX (v1.0)
Final Fantasy IX (v1.1)
and both with several disks?

So, I would think a slight modification of the above schema might work. A regular expression that ignores everything inside ()s or []s, EXCEPT when a (Disc or (Disk is present in the name. It, to me, seems less intensive to put the onus on the user instead of building tons of intelligence into RCB itself.
Thanks for this great addon, finaly I have my retro games being managed with a single program.
Unfortunaly I'm having some trouble with it launching my Amiga games in WINUAE, any special parameter its needed ?

Thanks for any tip.
(2012-03-29, 22:26)Maleficium Wrote: Thanks for this great addon, finaly I have my retro games being managed with a single program.
Unfortunaly I'm having some trouble with it launching my Amiga games in WINUAE, any special parameter its needed ?

Thanks for any tip.
Winuae can launch more than one disk at once. To support this you can use a syntax like this in RCB:
Code:
{-%I% "%ROM%"}
Additionally it could be needed to add the path to the uae configuration file with the -f parameter:
Code:
{-%I% "%ROM%"} -f "C:\Path to UAE config"
I am not sure if there was a difference if the config file parameter is place before or after the rest of the command. You need to try it out.
Thanks for the help Malte but it didn't work for me, probably some missing configuration in WinUAE that I din't saw it yet, I'll keep trying Smile

Thanks anyway
Same issue as Comment #1553.

I did not have \platform_libraries in C:\Users\House\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources directory so I downloaded the latest zip from googlecode (0.9.9) and installed the directory in the resources sub folder.

I restarted XBMC and got the same issue (no difference)
Code:
RCB_INFO: Treating file as a compressed archive
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: You have tried to launch a .7z file but you are missing required libraries to extract the file. You can download the latest RCB version from RCBs project page. It contains all required libraries.
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error: No module named py7zlib
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No cmd created. Game will not be launched.
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launchEmu

Is there a library path I need to change in RCB files?

SYSTEM
Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Onboard video AMD HD3300
4GB RAM

Please advise. Thank you.
(2012-03-31, 15:56)TheMonkeyKing Wrote: Same issue as Comment #1553.

I did not have \platform_libraries in C:\Users\House\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources directory so I downloaded the latest zip from googlecode (0.9.9) and installed the directory in the resources sub folder.

I restarted XBMC and got the same issue (no difference)
Code:
RCB_INFO: Treating file as a compressed archive
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: You have tried to launch a .7z file but you are missing required libraries to extract the file. You can download the latest RCB version from RCBs project page. It contains all required libraries.
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error: No module named py7zlib
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: No cmd created. Game will not be launched.
09:24:10 T:4920  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launchEmu

Is there a library path I need to change in RCB files?

SYSTEM
Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Onboard video AMD HD3300
2GB RAM

Please advise. Thank you.
I think there is a problem with the libs that are shipped with RCB atm. They are not compatible with Edens Python 2.6.

You could try to download the required file here: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pylzma (Use this file: pylzma-0.4.4-py2.6-win32.egg).

Extract these files to:
C:\Users\House\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\\platform_libraries\win32

Please report if this works. I have no chance to test it here atm as my dev environment is out of order for some days.
Yay! Success

By the way, I forgot to add that I was attempting to use Sega Genesis roms with Kega Fusion v3.64, using Eden RC2. (Yeah, I know, time to get the official release, but this is my dev box.)

Replaced files with the egg file you pointed to and restarted XBMC. I went to Programs, selected RCB. Then selected a game from the Sega Genesis ROM collection.

1. Did not get error like before.
2. XMBC is reduced from fullscreen to a screen-sized window (I hope that makes sense.)
3. Windows CMD window opens.
4. Fusion 3.64 starts! Game loads! (Cheers in the background.)
5. Closing Fusion window closes CMD window and returns XBMC back to fullscreen.

Now I need to edit the Fusion.ini file to start and exit in full screen mode.

Link to xbmc.log section of RCB. I can run it again in debug if you'd like. PM me if you'd like me to email the full XBMC.log file.

(2012-03-31, 16:26)malte Wrote: I think there is a problem with the libs that are shipped with RCB atm. They are not compatible with Edens Python 2.6.

You could try to download the required file here: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pylzma (Use this file: pylzma-0.4.4-py2.6-win32.egg).

Extract these files to:
C:\Users\House\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\\platform_libraries\win32

Please report if this works. I have no chance to test it here atm as my dev environment is out of order for some days.

(2012-03-26, 07:14)malte Wrote:
WeirdH Wrote:Tried both, but still no luck... Sad I even thought that maybe the path I used would be too long to be properly opened, so I copied everything to C:\MAME, but that didn't help either. Cmd/escape in addon settings also did nothing... Does anybody else have their MAME working with RCB??
Yes, a lot of people have it working. MAME is a quite common system. Did you try to remove the extra arguments that you are using (-effect aperture1x3rb -skip_gameinfo). Maybe this causes problems or there needs to be a special order of these arguments.

And, did you try other games? I also have some games here that don't work while others do.

*cut previous, long winded, over-explanatory text with problem*

EDIT 2: OMG, really?? I sorted it out: when specifying the path to the emulator, I had selected the actual 'mame.exe' file. That was it. That was the problem. Because RCB shows individual files when asking for the emu path, I thought I had to. Subsequently, on selecting the rom path, it only shows folders. So that's why I assumed RCB wanted me to point it to a specific file when asking for the emu, and only a folder when asking for the roms..!

I hereby nominate myself for the facepalm of the month. Thanks malte, for your patience. Maybe you can edit RCB to not show files when asking for the emu path? Just for noobs like myself, you know..? Wink Anyway, I'm off to some classic arcade gaming now.
(2012-03-07, 12:05){{INX}} Wrote: OK I am baffled!
I have installed your latest version and I still have the same problem, no artwork.
I have replaced all the paths from smb// to \\Home-Server\etc as you stated and nothing shows up.
I have just copied my n64 folder to c:, rescanned and everything shows up fine, so it is something to do with the network.

Heres my config.xml for the network setup http://pastebin.com/SFv48fzv
Ok, it took some time but now I also have my NAS/HTPC combo here and I am facing the exact same problem. I don't think it is a problem with RCB, it seems to be a common issue with XBMC. But at least there is a workaround. You can create a link to your server location. In a command prompt navigate to the location where you want to create the link and use the following command:
Code:
mklink /D foldername \\server\games
Later you can just use this link to add your roms and artwork and everything shows up. Also you don't have to rename anything before importing games.

(2012-04-01, 12:12)WeirdH Wrote: EDIT 2: OMG, really?? I sorted it out: when specifying the path to the emulator, I had selected the actual 'mame.exe' file. That was it. That was the problem. Because RCB shows individual files when asking for the emu path, I thought I had to. Subsequently, on selecting the rom path, it only shows folders. So that's why I assumed RCB wanted me to point it to a specific file when asking for the emu, and only a folder when asking for the roms..!

I hereby nominate myself for the facepalm of the month. Thanks malte, for your patience. Maybe you can edit RCB to not show files when asking for the emu path? Just for noobs like myself, you know..? Wink Anyway, I'm off to some classic arcade gaming now.
Strange. Of course you need the mame.exe part. Otherwise Windows will not know which program to launch as emulator. So, what does your emupath looks like atm? Maybe I just don't understand it. But anyway, glad that its workingSmile
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20