• 180(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Thanks again!

From the other thread:
Quote:I see the problem here. I'll have a fix out today.

Sweet Blush
@malte, I just compiled my own build of xbmc with the WindowXML fix but it did not help me with my issue, though I am using 64bit Windows not Linux. Everything is fine with my own compile from 2012-09-17 but not anything newer and xbmc's auto compiles from as far back as 2012-09-15 which was as far back as I could get don't work either.
Here is a debug log:
http://pastebin.com/Padz86UY
And instead of trying to explain it, I think this snapshot should be enuff:
I tried it too and it worked. First I got the same screen as you, after selecting a rom collection in the menu the roms were shown. But I had to revert because of problems with tvheadend, but that's another thing.
First thing I tried was selecting some rom collections but that didn't work. As soon as I reinstall my build from 2012-09-17 it works fine again but any newer self compile or any auto gen nightly from 2012-09-15 on up and I get that again.
so the new frodo nightlies seem to be crashing my xbmc on startup.. if i deletethe script.romcollection folder.. it loads up fine.. any ideas?

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9677 debug log
(2012-09-30, 14:29)malte Wrote:
pauper Wrote:Using solo mode I can launch games fine but after exiting the emulator XBMC does not relaunch automatically (I have the RCB service add-on installed) - I can actually get this to work launching applaunch.sh /path/to/rom from the terminal while XBMC is running but it doesn't work purely from the GUI.
So the path in applaunch.sh seems to be correct and you have proper execute permissions set for the file? You could try to launch xbmc from a command line and then use the solo mode. This way you should have the command window still open when applaunch.sh tries to relaunch xbmc. Maybe you will see an error message in the command window.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. Yes, the file has correct execution permissions.

The terminal output after exiting a game is:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/xbmc/FEH.py", line 172, in <module>
    if (badDirectRendering()):
  File "/usr/share/xbmc/FEH.py", line 137, in badDirectRendering
    out.close()
IOError: [Errno 10] No child processes
Socket connect error (control socket)

(2012-09-30, 14:29)malte Wrote:
pauper Wrote:With solo mode off I have another problem. For some emulators like VICE or for standard linux games I launch bash scripts which allow me to change the wiimote profile for each game. The problem is returning from the game to the ROM browser - my wiimote profile changes back to the standard mediacentre mouse profile but I lose the functionality of the mouse buttons (they work fine on any other application just not on XBMC). If I close XBMC and launch it again the mouse buttons work. This only happens through XBMC, I can for example put the same bash script in my launcher bar and it will launch the game, change the wiimote profile, close the game and switch back to the standard mouse profile without losing the mouse buttons.
Sorry, no idea why this happens or how to work around.

Neither do I. I suspect it might have something to do with how XBMC handles mouse input, but seeing as my mediacentre isn't a very powerful PC I'd much prefer a solution to the first problem anyway.
@Pauper: I had the exact same error on my first linux box some time ago. Here is my workaround: link

Instead of the line = "" part you could simply use pass to "do nothing". I did not check if FEH.py is the same since then but if you don't get it just ask again and I will have a look.
(2012-10-03, 11:43)malte Wrote: @Pauper: I had the exact same error on my first linux box some time ago. Here is my workaround: link

Instead of the line = "" part you could simply use pass to "do nothing". I did not check if FEH.py is the same since then but if you don't get it just ask again and I will have a look.

Yes, that worked, thankyou, now I can give up trying to get AdvanceMenu to work.

I haven't found any other reports of this problem on the forum so just out of curiosity, why was this happening?
I have an annoying problem:

When I play some SNES rom, and then I quit playing by pressing 'esc', the emulator closes, but XBMC is froze with black screen.

Has anyone experienced this problem too?

(using Aeon MQ3)
pauper Wrote:I haven't found any other reports of this problem on the forum so just out of curiosity, why was this happening?
Sorry, no idea. My last guess was this here: link. But this is far from knowing what happened.
aur0n Wrote:When I play some SNES rom, and then I quit playing by pressing 'esc', the emulator closes, but XBMC is froze with black screen.

Has anyone experienced this problem too?
Yes, this happened here sometimes too. But I did not found out what is happeneing. In RCB everything seemed to be fine. My workaround was to use solo mode.
I can't launch playstation games. The emulator opens but nothing happens.

I believe this has something to do with the fact I can't open a rom from a window either. If I right click and click open in epsxe, the program opens and nothing happens, exactly the same error.

Since I believe this is an error outside XBMC, does anyone know how I can get these roms to open when I right click open them, or merely double click them? I think if I solve this problem they will open in xbmc.
(2012-10-02, 00:39)gman3042 Wrote: so the new frodo nightlies seem to be crashing my xbmc on startup.. if i deletethe script.romcollection folder.. it loads up fine.. any ideas?

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9677 debug log

any ideas?
I've got a problem with PSX (any of them) emulators:

Whenever I try to launch some games, ePsxe crashes because it can't find any bios/plugins, but I'm sure they are installed correctly (because if I run the emulator without XBMC, everything is fine).

My guess it's that there's something wrong with the path. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks.
(2012-10-07, 14:51)aur0n Wrote: I've got a problem with PSX (any of them) emulators:

Whenever I try to launch some games, ePsxe crashes because it can't find any bios/plugins, but I'm sure they are installed correctly (because if I run the emulator without XBMC, everything is fine).

My guess it's that there's something wrong with the path. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks.

Some emulators require that they are run with the working directory set to their path. By default, RCB runs emulators with it set to XBMC's directory.

You can get around this by making a shortcut to the emulator, making sure that the working directory is set correctly in that and pointing RCB to the shortcut rather than the executable.
I think I had found a bug in MobyGames Scrapper, if no data its present in "Developed by" no data its imported to RCB.
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20