• 184(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
blinken Wrote:I believe this has something to do with the fact I can't open a rom from a window either. If I right click and click open in epsxe, the program opens and nothing happens, exactly the same error.

Since I believe this is an error outside XBMC, does anyone know how I can get these roms to open when I right click open them, or merely double click them? I think if I solve this problem they will open in xbmc.
malte Wrote:Does it work when you open epsxe and load the game from inside the emulator? I am not sure what to check but there must be some log file of the emulator.

Yes, if I load the rom inside the emulator it works fine. Another interesting detail is that when I right click and open an iso in espxe or set epsxe as the default for iso files, the program opens but it doesn't detect my bios, and all my video settings are missing, with no plugins listed in the drop down menu.
Does anyone have a patch for the issue with not displaying the roms once they have been imported? I tried to follow what was listened previously but it doesn't seem to help (or I did it wrong). I can't read python code to save my life or I'd try to fix it myself.
I don't think there is a patch as yet, at least not an 'official' one. The developer, Malte. has said that he is working on an updated version for Frodo, so you will have to wait for that. In the meantime, if you can't live without RCB then you'll have to go back to the Eden stable release or try to fix it yourself.
vingadorjr Wrote:Im having some problems when im trying to run 7zip files with NES roms inside (no problem with .zip files at all). Does RCB really have support for 7zip with multiple roms inside? Im running XBMC in windows 7... if someone can give me a little help here i appreciate. Thanks in advance.
Yes, RCB has support for 7z files, but unfortunately it does not ship the latest version of the required libraries that are compatible with python 2.6 (should be done with on of the next releases). In the meantime you could try to download the required libs on your own. You should download the 2.6 package from this site: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pylzma. And copy the content to RCBs library folder: "XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser.dev\resources\platform_libraries\win32".

Frozin Wrote:Hello, I read a few post that some have the psxreload emulator working. I unfortunately can't get it working properly. It starts but the game doesn't start just the emu. If someone who has it working correctly can help me out it be great. I'm using windows 7
Are you able to launch games with psxreload outside XBMC? You should try this first if you have trouble with launching games. Maybe there is a general error in your configuration.

shermanpk Wrote:Is there a way I can update my collection, I want it to refresh what Images it is using and update the .nfo files.
Usually you just have to update the images on your hard drive. But because of caching it could last some days until XBMC/RCB notices the changes and shows the new images. You could force this by deleting your textures db but some users also reported issues with this method. So only do it if you know what you are doing.

st graveyard Wrote:Anybody out here using RCB in openelec? I'm not using openelec, but it looks really nice. Don't know if RCB works in the XBMC openelec version (or any of the emulators for that matter). Anyone thoughts or any experience in this department?
Not me. But I read of some users that already got this working. Looks like there is only a limited set of emulators that are already working on this platform. There are also some threads in the openelec forum about integrating emulators. Maybe there is something useful for you.

New test version available: 1.0.6

List of changes:

Import Games:
  • support for roms and artwork on smb shares (does not work if you add username and password to the smb uri)
  • update archive.vg scraper in config.xml
  • bug: "Rom File Mask" changes after rescraping a single game
  • create artwork parent folder if not present
Browse Games:
  • Frodo support: games were not shown in Frodo nightlies (changes in addItem method)
  • provide properties of most played games for skins to show on home screen
Launch Games:
  • Frodo support: replace method executehttpapi with executejsonrpc
  • add option to leave disc selector without launching a game
  • bug: disc selector not working with games that have no description

It has been a long time since the last release. Sorry for the delay, I hope there will be more constant progress in the next months. And I am happy to announce that there is a new player in the team: say hello to redkillerSmile. He provided the smb patch and already started to work on other issues too.

This release provides some fixes that I already added some weeks ago but did not manage to publish yet. It also contains support for Frodo API changes and new support for skinners to show most played games on the home screen (not yet implemented in one of the skins but this should follow).

Previous version: 1.0.5
Congratulations on the new release Malte and thank you as always.
Hi
I've followed this setup:
http://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbr...AMEOffline

and I've managed to import my MAME roms with snapshots but when I try to start a game it cannot find the files in the zip. It says "Required files missing". The files are there and MAME works outside of XBMC
This is my config file. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/pSBPG324
Great to see you back, Malte ... No bugs from my side, only request I still have is the game logo's and pub/dev logo's ...
Thank Malte for the update!
Returning again with xbmc frodo / rcb and see that since my last time I used the addon has evolved considerably.

Great work!

-----------------------------------
Edit:

I have a problem with views.
I can not switch to another type of view.

Follow my log!
http://pastebin.com/c3MqcYKj

Additional info:

RCB 1.0.6
XBMC Frodo - Nightly Build 03-11-2012
punking Wrote:The files are there and MAME works outside of XBMC
This is my config file. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
Did you set your rom path in mame.ini? This is the coomon cause for this error.

st graveyard Wrote:No bugs from my side, only request I still have is the game logo's and pub/dev logo's ...
Sorry, still on my plate.

Domina Wrote:I have a problem with views.
Hey, welcome back!
What skin are you using (XBMC and RCB)?
Thanks for your hard work malte.
RCB 1.0.6
XBMC Frodo - Nightly Build 03-11-2012

I do using skin confluence.
but moved to the other skins in this addon and neither worked.
I could only change seen in the aeon mq4.

edit:

forgot to report, but Also have a problem with displaying the information on the page for details.
I imported the data locally, nfo and art.
it also does not work on aeon mq4 for me.

I just upgraded to the latest version (1.0.6). Everything seems to work except I can't launch RCB from the home screen. I removed the add-on shortcut and re-added it but nothing happens when I click it. Here's the relevant log output:

Quote:12:42:00 T:3019810592 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 36117:000000037ff07bdd 00 OK mceusb (OK)
12:42:00 T:3019810592 DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0b) pressed, action is Select
12:42:00 T:3019810592 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating RunAddon($INFO[Skin.String(HomeProgramButton1)])
12:42:00 T:3019810592 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To RunAddon(script.games.rom.collection.browser)
12:42:00 T:3019810592 INFO: initializing python engine.
12:42:00 T:3019810592 DEBUG: new python thread created. id=11
12:42:00 T:2844035952 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
12:42:00 T:2844035952 DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
12:42:00 T:2844035952 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:42:00 T:2844035952 DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/default.py
12:42:00 T:2844035952 DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.myconnpy/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup/lib:/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.buggalo/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib:/home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib:/usr/local/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge-1.3.5-py2.7.egg:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7:
12:42:00 T:2844035952 DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/sam/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser
12:42:00 T:2844035952 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.games.rom.collection.browser" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
12:42:00 T:2844035952 NOTICE: sys.argv = ['script.games.rom.collection.browser']
12:42:00 T:2844035952 NOTICE: param = script.games.rom.collection.browser
12:42:00 T:2844035952 INFO: Scriptresult: Success
12:42:00 T:2844035952 INFO: Python script stopped
12:42:00 T:2844035952 DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2844035952 terminating
12:42:00 T:3019810592 DEBUG: waiting for python thread 11 to stop
12:42:00 T:3019810592 DEBUG: python thread 11 destructed

It's like the add-on script is exiting early (INFO: Scriptresult: Success). Does anyone know what's going on? I can launch the add-on just fine by going into programs and then selecting it from the list.
Domina Wrote:I have a problem with views.
Domina Wrote:forgot to report, but Also have a problem with displaying the information on the page for details.
negge Wrote:I just upgraded to the latest version (1.0.6). Everything seems to work except I can't launch RCB from the home screen. I removed the add-on shortcut and re-added it but nothing happens when I click it.
All issues confirmed. Problem with home screen is already fixed on my dev machine. Will have to check whats causing the other issues.
I also noticed that the applaunch.sh lacks executable rights when I installed the latest .zip. I had to manually run chmod +x on it.
New test version available: 1.0.8

List of changes:

General:
  • bugfix: script did not launch from home screen
Browse Games:
  • Frodo support: info dialog did not work anymore
  • Frodo support: change viewmode needs to be called manually since Frodo
  • add fanart and launchCommand for skins to show on home screen

Latest issues should all be fixed with this release. Thanks at all for testing and reporting.

Previous version: 1.0.6
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20