• 192(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Usually errors like this only happen if there is an incompatibility between XBMC, RCB and/or the skin. But your combination (Eden/1.0.1/Confluence) is tested and "stable" (at least things like this should not happen).

Sorry, I don't think there is anything I can do about this. If you still like you can test with RCBs latest test version or try again when Frodos stable release is out. Or switch to Advanced Launcher if you already lost trust in RCB.

BTW: Here is how to fix your MAME problem if you get RCB to launch on your system.
malte: did you get any confirmation if the Aeon Nox team fixed the issue with not beeing able to change views?

I updated last night to the latest version from github, but I still can't change views.

Cheers!
No, all that I know is that they will look into this.
New test version available: 1.1.0

List of changes:

General:
  • localization
Import Games:
  • error in scrape on startup: import message did not vanish anymore
Browse Games:
  • changed logic of applying filters: 1st click applies filter, 2nd click closes filter pane

Main feature of this release is complete localization of the addon. Available languages are english and german atm. I will also add the project to transiflex in the future so I guess there will follow some more languages after that. With adding the localization I had to edit every single file of the addon and with this there are chances of adding little bugs that I did not notice until now. So, please help me testing this one and lets see if there are some little annoyances added that I am not yet aware of. As always (and this time really), plan is to add this version to the repo, especially as Frodo is near.

You will also notice a change in the filter behaviour. Now you have to click to apply the filter settings. A 2nd click will close the filter pane. This way you can set more than 1 filter the way you like and apply all filters at once. Additionally this should fix one reason of regular lockups while playing with the filters. Please let me know what you think of this change.

Previous version: 1.0.9
I just bumped into a weird issue. I was playing Yoshi's Island and accidentally hit the "load state" button on my controller, causing me to lose two hours progress. I decided I need a separate configuration file where the save/load state buttons are disabled. I almost gave up when I realized one can't add more than one SNES ROM collection, but then I found the %GAMECMD% parameter. Now I can disable the state mechanism on a game-per-game basis. It seems you have thought of everything malte! Thanks!
I have decided to try this addon again after a year and half! , ok,

1- I am assuming that this plugin will not work on the transparency skin that we use?
2- I have installed, and tried to add roms, but it won't see any of my drives, all it shows is the dvd drive, which is empty? -How come?
3- Thats it for now...
Thanks
guys, i having terrible problems trying to even load this. I installed the rom collection browser, i then go ahead and click on it, but nothing comes up, just black genre, year, title etc etc. it doesnt ask me for a config file or anything? Am i missing something. really want to try and sort this. thanks
(2012-12-24, 14:12)falafael Wrote: I have decided to try this addon again after a year and half! , ok,

1- I am assuming that this plugin will not work on the transparency skin that we use?
2- I have installed, and tried to add roms, but it won't see any of my drives, all it shows is the dvd drive, which is empty? -How come?
3- Thats it for now...
Thanks

About #2, is this on Windows or Linux? Do you see your drives if you try to e.g. add a video source to the library?

(2012-12-24, 16:43)jjmucker Wrote: guys, i having terrible problems trying to even load this. I installed the rom collection browser, i then go ahead and click on it, but nothing comes up, just black genre, year, title etc etc. it doesnt ask me for a config file or anything? Am i missing something. really want to try and sort this. thanks

You need to add a ROM collection first.

thanks man, can you tell me how to do that pls?
@falafael: You could use RCB with Transparency but I guess this skin has no built-in support for RCB. So you have to use one of the default look and feels that RCB provides (Confluence, Night or Simplicity).

About your dvd issue: You should add your local drives via file manager. This should bring up everything when using RCB.

@jjmucker : Press "C" on the keyboard or "Menu" on the remote. This brings up the context menu. Select "Add Rom Collection" to start configuring RCB.

@All: I already found some bugs in 1.1.0 due to localization changes. Atm it is not possible to add new rom collections with online scraping and to import games with local nfos. Both bugs are already fixed in svn. I will provide a new version when I am done with testing.
I use Transparency as my skin and have no issues using the ones providied by rcb, I even have one of the home screen buttons configured to launch rcb.
I tried 1.1.0 but I could not get to the point of it asking where to save the art information.

I went back to 1.0.9 and it did import all the roms but only a few have artwork attached. Weird thing is, I can see the artwork in the folder where I told RCB to save them to but they do not show up in XBMC. Only ones that do show are donkey kong country 1 and 2 and TMNT Turtles in Time. None of the genesis artwork show.

I tried 1.1.0 but again I had the issue of it not showing my list of roms I just imported with 1.0.9. Put 1.0.9 back on and they are listed once again.

EDIT after post:

I ran 1.0.9 a few more times and a few times I was able to get some of the other artwork and descriptions to show, but then the ones that did show before the descriptions or artwork did not show. If I re-ran 1.0.9 a few more times then what did not show, showed up. And the ones that showed do not. It's weird. It seems after every other times I load RCB some artwork work and others don't and sometimes that'll change. But all of them do not show only a 2-3 at a time.
Simplicity worked better for me than night and the default for XBMC 12. I tried to manually edit a .nfo file but I can't seem to get it to work. Probably something I'm not doing correctly.
amb7247 Wrote:I tried 1.1.0 but I could not get to the point of it asking where to save the art information.
Yes, thats exactly the error I mentioned above. It is already fixed and I will release a new version soon (maybe today).

amb7247 Wrote:I went back to 1.0.9 and it did import all the roms but only a few have artwork attached. Weird thing is, I can see the artwork in the folder where I told RCB to save them to but they do not show up in XBMC. Only ones that do show are donkey kong country 1 and 2 and TMNT Turtles in Time. None of the genesis artwork show.

I ran 1.0.9 a few more times and a few times I was able to get some of the other artwork and descriptions to show, but then the ones that did show before the descriptions or artwork did not show. If I re-ran 1.0.9 a few more times then what did not show, showed up. And the ones that showed do not. It's weird. It seems after every other times I load RCB some artwork work and others don't and sometimes that'll change. But all of them do not show only a 2-3 at a time.
Puh, thats a hard one. Some users reported this from time to time but I was never able to reproduce it. My current guess is that there could be issues with very low performance systems or slow network connections (if you store your artwork on a separate server). But even on an Xbox1 or a Raspberry Pi it was possible to show all artwork so I don't really believe in that low performance thing.

amb7247 Wrote:I tried to manually edit a .nfo file but I can't seem to get it to work. Probably something I'm not doing correctly.
I guess you know that you have to reimport the nfos after editing them? If you tried this with 1.1.0 this is the 2nd known issue of this version. If you did it with 1.0.9 and it did not work to reimport the games than make sure that Always rescan imported games in addon settings is enabled.
New test version available: 1.1.1

List of changes:

General:
  • bugfixes due to localization changes

There have been some bugs in the latest version that came with the localization changes. I hope that they are all fixed now.

Previous version: 1.1.0
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20