• 208(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Thanks Malte,

problem is solved Smile

Thanks for you help!
(2013-02-04, 14:07)malte Wrote:
skypichat Wrote:To close Project64 I use ALF+F4 but this keyboard command kill XBMC in same time
How to close Project64.exe without crash XBMC ?
It closes Project64 AND xbmc at the same time? With ONE keyboard stroke?
It looks like you want to launch the emu in solo mode. Usually XBMC should not be running at this point. Are there any issues with closing XBMC before you launch Project 64?
[RESOLVED] Thanks, it works now, I don't know why I changed this setting to "solo mode" Blush
French Kodi translator on Weblate
(2013-02-06, 12:54)malte Wrote: Can you give me examples of some games that have been scraped wrong? Usually the scraper should be platform safe. Maybe you found a bug or something changed on mobygames.

When rescraping just flashes without doing anything, make sure that you activate Rescrape already imported games in Addon Settings.

Malte, good work with the add-on. It scanned my games without too much hitch. To jump in on Kpop's post, I just recently installed/setup ROMs on my XBMC and I am using your RCB. I am having the same issue in which the scrapers are pulling the wrong box art. I have tried replacing the .jpg in the boxfront with the correct console, but for some reason the old image is still in RCB. I have no idea how this is, as there is no file on my system with that name anymore.

I have tried rescraping the selected game, importing games (which takes forever), closing XBMC and goign back in, and I even deleted one of the games from RCB, and now I can't get it back in. I've tried import games and rescrape selection.

Is there an easier way to manually modify a ROM's art?
kpop Wrote:there is quite a few it seems to get wrong on different platforms, eg APB for the lynx come up as apb cover art for the pc, and pit fighter for the lynx, knowing that both the front boxart are in mobygames i have tried renaming the roms to match the game title on the site, along with downloading the cover and putting it in the directory deleting the nfo and rescraping with no effect apart from pit fighter now having the master system boxart
hunterx Wrote:To jump in on Kpop's post, I just recently installed/setup ROMs on my XBMC and I am using your RCB. I am having the same issue in which the scrapers are pulling the wrong box art.
I tested the same thing here and it scraped APB nicely with lynx artwork. While scraping pit-fighter I noticed a bug in mobygames scraper: It won't download front cover if the back cover is missing. I will see that I can rework my scraping code soon to iron these issues out.

Can you give me a log of scraping wrong covers? I will test here myself more intensively but I am scraping quite often and I never noticed issues like this.

hunterx Wrote:I have tried replacing the .jpg in the boxfront with the correct console, but for some reason the old image is still in RCB. I have no idea how this is, as there is no file on my system with that name anymore.
All artwork is cached by XBMC. You need to wait some time until the cache expires or delete the cache manually (not recommended).

hunterx Wrote:I have tried rescraping the selected game, importing games (which takes forever), closing XBMC and goign back in, and I even deleted one of the games from RCB, and now I can't get it back in. I've tried import games and rescrape selection.
I will see if I can reproduce this. Maybe there is a bug with deleting and rescraping games.
[/quote]
All artwork is cached by XBMC. You need to wait some time until the cache expires or delete the cache manually (not recommended).

yesterday i downloaded the apb frontcover from mobygames deleted the old cover that was wrong renamed it correctly,deleted the game from the database, rescraped with no joy,
but going into rcb today it has corrected the cover, so as to what hunterx said its just finding a way to manually changing the artwork.ps great job on the program and thanks for all the work and support you do.
(2013-02-07, 08:48)malte Wrote: Can you give me a log of scraping wrong covers? I will test here myself more intensively but I am scraping quite often and I never noticed issues like this.

hunterx Wrote:I have tried replacing the .jpg in the boxfront with the correct console, but for some reason the old image is still in RCB. I have no idea how this is, as there is no file on my system with that name anymore.

The game artwork which I modified yesterday in my folders has not replicated to XBMC today. The cache should have cleared by now, no? Do you just want regular XBMC logs or do you want something specific? I don't see a log file for RCB. I just went through all my cache folders to delete the game artwork that was incorrect in XBMC.

Here's a picture of what I am seeing. On the left is the boxfront for this game, on the right is the boxfront image it should be pulling. It has been over 12 hours (and XBMC has been closed) and it is still pulling from that cache.

I did notice in the logs when I hovered over games without artwork (that I deleted from cache), this is the error I would see:

11:47:06 T:356 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/4/42c26ac8.jpg

Here's the log file from when I began to Rescrape Selected Game

http://pastebin.com/BCg7LihN
Do you think we could get a Wall or Thumbnail view?
Hi,

I hope I am not missing something very simple here:

Is anyone using mednafen for emulation on Windows? I am trying to start this using RCB and have 2 problems: the desktop is visible shortly before mednafen starts, is there a way to prevent this? XBMC doesn't regain focus after mednafen closes, Windows stays on desktop.

Any advice concerning this?
Hi,

Just installed and associated MAME32 to it, worked fine and imported the games but no artwork at all? Do I really need to wait an unknown period of time for XBMC to cache? Does the rescrape give an indication of a successful scrape? If so I'm not getting that.

I have a MAME32 folder with a artwork subfolder which i associated during config, but all the artwork in that folder are within zip files? is this an issue?

I'm probably just doing something stupid so I felt it best to ask.

Thanks

Mike.
hunterx Wrote:The game artwork which I modified yesterday in my folders has not replicated to XBMC today. The cache should have cleared by now, no?
It has been over 12 hours (and XBMC has been closed) and it is still pulling from that cache.
I am not sure how long an item will remain in the cache and when it will be updated. I did not really investigate on this issue until now. Maybe it is something for a later version of RCB as this is requested quite frequently.

hunterx Wrote:Do you just want regular XBMC logs or do you want something specific? I don't see a log file for RCB.
Yes, regular xbmc.log will be ok. I would need an xbmc.log of an initial game import when it downloads wrong covers. If you already imported your games some days ago, this log will be overwritten already. I will try to reproduce this on my own in some days if I find the time.

hunterx Wrote:Here's the log file from when I began to Rescrape Selected Game
You do not need to rescrape your games when you change images on you hdd. RCB just stores the path to your image in its db. When you change the image but not the location of the image, there is no need to rescrape.

hunterx Wrote:Do you think we could get a Wall or Thumbnail view?
What skin are you using? Aeon Nox already has views like this for example.

taalas Wrote:Is anyone using mednafen for emulation on Windows? I am trying to start this using RCB and have 2 problems: the desktop is visible shortly before mednafen starts, is there a way to prevent this? XBMC doesn't regain focus after mednafen closes, Windows stays on desktop.
Right now, there is no way to prevent a little flickering when starting the games. I wanted to investigate on this but now as we may have libretro integration some day this seems to be obsolete.

I thought I solved most of the focus issues with latest releases. Can you give me some more input about your environment (XBMC version, RCB version)? Does this only happen with mednafen or did you try other emulators? Does this happen every time or only sometimes? Are you using "true fullscreen" or "fullscreen window"? Are you using XBMC Launcher?

Mickyd Wrote:I have a MAME32 folder with a artwork subfolder which i associated during config, but all the artwork in that folder are within zip files? is this an issue?
I don't think loading artwork from zip files will work. I never tested this but I would guess this is the problem.
(2013-02-08, 17:46)malte Wrote:
hunterx Wrote:Here's the log file from when I began to Rescrape Selected Game
You do not need to rescrape your games when you change images on you hdd. RCB just stores the path to your image in its db. When you change the image but not the location of the image, there is no need to rescrape.

I still have games pulling Playstation box front art even though they are Gamecube games. I will have to go delete the cache files for these games again. Some games that I deleted cache from a few days ago are still not showing me any artwork. I verified the game file name is the same as the artwork. I plan on troubleshooting this more later today.

malte Wrote:
hunterx Wrote:Do you think we could get a Wall or Thumbnail view?
What skin are you using? Aeon Nox already has views like this for example.

I am using stock Confluence to get XBMC setup the way I want it with all of the settings. I haven't figured out how to navigate MQ4 completely yet, but I plan a switch to it very soon. I did not realize this was skin dependent and not program add-on. Thanks, I will check for more options when I switch skin.
ive got aeon mq4 running along with trying aeon nox and am still finding rcb scraping the wrong artwork I just finished scraping game boy color and its pulled boxart from the speccy megadrive to the n64, I wouldent mind fixing these manully its just knowing how to
Mickyd Wrote:I have a MAME32 folder with a artwork subfolder which i associated during config, but all the artwork in that folder are within zip files? is this an issue?
I don't think loading artwork from zip files will work. I never tested this but I would guess this is the problem.
[/quote]

Hi, extracted the artwork and attempted to rescrape but nothing, doesn't matter what I choose when just recraping one game, for instance tried 1942 with locations 1,2,3 tried with various combinations of maws.mameworld.info, thegamesdb.net, local artwork and nothing?

Any ideas?

New test version available: 2.0.2

List of changes:

Launch Games:
  • bugfix: better handling of skin widget and solo mode
  • skin widgets can invoke RCB to launch games
  • moved applaunch script files to addon_data folder
  • new option: use VB script in solo mode
  • added startup delay to RCB service
  • experimental: libretro support

Note: This release also requires an update of RCB service addon. New version is 1.0.0.

Solo mode fixes
Skin widget:
There was an issue with the new skin widget feature in combination with solo mode. To fix this I added a short startup delay when RCB service wants to start RCB after returning to XBMC. You can modify the delay in addon settings -> launch games.

New location of script files:
With this release the solo mode scripts (applaunch.bat or applaunch.sh) are not executed from the addon folder anymore. They will now be launched from "XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/scriptfiles". When you first try to launch a game in solo mode with this new release, RCB will copy the required files from "XBMC/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/scriptfiles" to the new location. The benefit of the new location is that the script files will remain when you update RCB.

Use VB script in solo mode:
On windows a lot of users had issues with the "CApplication:: create() failed" error when using solo mode. The only reliable workaround was to use the vb scripts that I provided for download on the projects page. These files are now included in RCB and will be used if you enable the related addon setting.

Edit: Forgot to mention: The VB scripts were provided by JohnnyD2. Thanks again!

libretro integration
This is for the brave ones. I am sure most of you already noticed this thread in the development area of the forums. If not, make sure that you are seated and start reading (then dry your pantsSmile).

As this feature is not yet included in XBMCs main branch (means that you will not get it even if you install the nightlies), support in RCB is not available via UI options. To get this working you have to grab garbears retroplayer branch and compile it on your own. In XBMC you will notice new emulator addons that can be used to launch your games directly in XBMC. Note: All this is still work in progress. Read about known limitations here.

To get this working inside RCB, you need to add this line to every Rom Collection in config.xml that should be used with the new builtin emulators:
Code:
<useBuiltinEmulator>True</useBuiltinEmulator>
If you want to add a new Rom Collection for use with RetroPlayer you still have to point RCB to a dummy emulator (this may even be a text editor) to get the config wizard satisfied. Once this is done you can edit the config.xml as explained above. All this will be more integrated as soon as RetroPlayer will be included in XBMCs main line.

Please, if you have trouble with setting this up or don't know how to compile the branch etc., DON'T ask for general support in the dev thread. Some day this will be availabe as precompiled binary that you can install on your system.

Previous version: 1.1.2
^^Awesome can't wait to try this out on my other machine, thanks!
  • 208(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20